Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The 'POE List' for Service Comments, Good or Bad!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next >

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:15 on 17th September 2012

17th September 2012 - The Plough Inn, Abingdon Road, Long Wittenham, Oxfordshire.

For refusing a young girl the use of the bathroom facility in the pub (the pub looked empty and the toilets were virtually outside anyway, being down the side of the building) this grumpy Chinese guy who said he was the landlord gets a big 'thumbs down'. He told me that the toilets were for the use of customers only, and also to move my car from the car park!

He was rude and arrogant and doesn't deserve your trade in my opinion.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:19 on 17th September 2012

Jessops, generally unhelpful, lacking knowledge, never have what you want in stock.

Wilkinsons, Kendal. (first ever visit while on holiday) Very helpful and definitely knowledgable. Had what I wanted in stock

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:50 on 17th September 2012
Posted at 22:08 on 17th September 2012 on behalf of POE Member Mick Smith. The text was copied from another thread with permission from Mick.

I purchased a Canon printer from Comet.  It developed a fault within two months.

Comet REFUSED to take it in for repair, said I should phone Canon and sort it out with them.  I objected and said that I would take it up with Trading Standards.  Comet said that Trading Standards allow them to do this !

I phoned Trading Standards who said they would help me to take legal action.  I phoned Comet HQ who refused to do anything.

Now the sting in the tail.  I thought the legal route would be stressful and long winded.

I took "alternative" action.  Did it produce a result ?  yes indeed,  I am banned from Comet !!!

There was no need for the manger to ban me,  I was not intending to go back to spend more money and get ripped off again !!!!!!!

I have always used small shops in the past and should have avoided this "above the law" big outfit.

quote | editPosted at 23:05 on 17th September 2012
Thanks Ron, thats magic !  
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:24 on 19th September 2012

Online supplier, and still advertised on Amazon.co.uk also, the Company trading as TaperGrey.co.uk are an unreliable service, who basically supplied a pipe to JS taking £20.00 from him.

Within a few days the pipe had failed. It 'melted' at the stem and he contacted them for a refund.

They haven't answered him in 28 days and so now he will contact the banks for the refund under credit card protection.

The simple message is don't deal with TaperGrey. The following website which has apparently been under construction since May 2010  http://tapergrey.co.uk/ just about says it all. However, Amazon.co.uk still support them with space to earn their ill gotten gains. The fact that they don't even answer suggests a scam, meaning that if you don't get a response within a month of the purchase from them, they have got your money and you can't do anything about it! More trouble brewing!

Be warned do not deal with TAPERGREY.CO.UK

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 19:29 on 19th September 2012
Good to see our Ron on top of things !!!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:10 on 19th September 2012

I've got an Oxfordshire Mobile Home Park that is going to sit very nicely here Rick for all sorts of Bad Service reasons and pathetic owners, who in fact have thrown in the towel just recently without even responding to my formal complaint, but I am not ready to name them yet!

Even their Solicitor has refused to comment. Can't help but smile when you're right eh?

Watch this space, because it will be populated with a very interesting story when I have finished with them. However, it doesn't take away the fact that the site owners need sorting out, which I am doing it legally.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:58 on 20th September 2012

Comet Didcot, Oxfordshire.

A young family member purchased a laptop and the insurance cover to go with it in case of breakage from Comet Store in Didcot, Oxfordshire. Three months later the screen cracked, she took it back and they told her it would cost £80 to repair! The laptop was brought away and the damage 'put up with' until she happened to ask me if I knew anybody who could fix laptops, the aforementioned details then became apparent. But you know what, it gets worse because whilst she was in the store they sold her a piece of software for £40 that "would cover her work on the laptop in the event they had to wipe the drive".

She swallowed it (no not literally Mick, James, Dave) she bought the package as advised. However, I found out about it (and her insurance cover) and telephoned Head Office in Sheffield on her behalf where I spoke with 'Ian' and he told me in 2 minutes flat what make, model etc the laptop was, and that it was covered by insurance for repair.

I advised the family member to return to the shop, give them the laptop for repair under the terms of the insurance cover, and demand a refund for the £40 lump of software that they convinced her she needed.

The laptop was repaired, the refund was made and she is a happy bunny once more. However, you have to ask what might have happened, what might have been the cost had she not mentioned it to me, and had I not intervened, because the way I see it she could have been £120 down had things not gone the way they did.

Okay so Comet finally repaired and refunded, but she shouldn't have been put in this position in the first place so it's a big thumbs down for Comet Store, Didcot, Oxfordshire. Not good service!

quote | editPosted at 17:00 on 20th September 2012
A friend of mine was refused a camera repair by Comet.  Comet backed down and agreed to repair it a few hours before answering a court order my friend obtained !  Beware Comet.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:32 on 21st September 2012

PC World, Botley Road, Oxford

Great service today. Laptop adaptor died, was in and out in ten minutes flat with a kit that replaces mine! Cost me £40 but allowed me to get back to POE so has to be worth it, doesn't it? lol

Pleased to be able to report Thumbs Up for PC World, Botley Road, Oxford!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next >