in the county of Northamptonshire
in the county of Lincolnshire
in the county of Warwickshire
in the county of Gloucestershire
Finding Peace Amongst The Ruins
About Otterhead Estate & Lakes
Please login or click here to join.
Forgot Password? Click Here
Beverley Minster possessed two bells in 1050. Four bells were installed in 1366, three of which are still in use in the Minster after having been recast. In the south-west tower there is a bell weighing over 7 tonnes and which is over 7 feet in diameter. It is a non-swinging bourdon bell called Great John, which chimes the hour and dates from 1901.