The Central Arcade in Newcastle upon Tyne, is an elegant Edwardian shopping arcade built in 1906. It is contained within the Central Exchange building, which is a triangular building that was intended to be a corn exchange but became a subscription newsroom. In 1870 the Institution for Promoting the Fine Arts converted the news room into an art gallery, concert hall and theatre. This was replaced by a vaudeville theatre in 1897, but in 1901 the interior was destroyed by fire, after which the current Central Arcade was built within the walls of the original building. It is Grade II* listed.