a Historic Market Town in the county of Oxfordshire
a Seaside Town in the county of West Sussex
The Oldest Towns In England
Please login or click here to join.
Forgot Password? Click Here
One per page | Latest | Add photos
Beverley Minster possessed two bells in 1050. Four bells were installed in 1366, three of which are still in use in the Minster after having been recast. In the south-west tower there is a bell weighing over 7 tonnes and which is over 7 feet in diameter. It is a non-swinging bourdon bell called Great John, which chimes the hour and dates from 1901.
Follow PicturesOfEngland.com on social media and help share the beauty of England..