The Church of St. James the less is a stone building in the decorated style.
It was built in 1843 and consists of a chancel, nave, south porch, organ chamber and vestry, and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing one bell: there is a handsome stained window:
The reredos is of marble, with a rich gold cornice: the choir is separated from the nave by a low screen, bearing 30 lights: there are sittings for 246 persons.
The parish of Hambridge was formed on Oct 11, 1844, from the parishes of Barrington, Curry Rivell, Isle Brewers and Puckington, parts of the extra-parochial parish of Nidon, and including the whole of the ancient parish of Earnshill. Slideshow Upload Buy Image