With a population of around 70 people this small village is a few miles north-west of Stamford next to the busy A1 . The church of St Peter was built in or around the period 1130 - 1150. The exterior mostly dates from a major rebuild by Miss Eliza Wingfield in 1792 . At this time the chancel was rebuilt but kept the original late Norman design. They also added a vestry on the north, a pretty tower to the south and a porch.