Newark Castle is located in the town centre, off Castle Gate. 15 miles south-west of Lincoln, on the A46. The Castle was built in 1133 by Alexander, Bishop of Lincoln. During the Civil War there were three sieges in 1643, 1644 and 1646. In 1646 King Charles was captured in Southwell and ordered Newark to surrender. The Parliamentarians then destroyed the Castle. Only one and a half sides of the Castle now remain.
Camera Make: OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD Model: C100,D370
Exposure Program: Program, Focal length: 4.5 mm, ISO: 100, Exposure time: 1/800 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Date/Time Creation: May 26, 2004, 12:08 pm
ImageID:1116543, Image size: 1280 x 960 pixels
Please login to make a comment on this picture