St.Lawrence Church overlooks the River Coquet in the village of Warkworth. The church is built of honey-coloured stone which is most attractive when lit by the afternoon sun. It is the largest and most complete Norman church to have survived in Northumberland. An earlier wooden structure on the site founded in 737 is believed to have fallen victim to Viking raids. The place may look peaceful now but this has not always been the case; on Saturday, 13th July,1174, a Scottish army led by Duncan, Earl of Fife, attacked and destroyed the village, and massacred 300 villagers who had gathered in the church for protection.More pictures of Warkworth by David Swann...
Camera Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS 7D
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority, Focal length: 14 mm, Aperture: f 5.6, ISO: 320, Exposure time: 1/500 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: -1.3333333333333 EV
Date/Time Creation: June 26, 2014, 3:56 pm
ImageID:1191159, Image size: 2900 x 2175 pixels
Great shot David, excellent light.
Excellent shot David, the depth of colour gives a sort of 3D effect.
Very nice colourful image .
Please login to make a comment on this picture