Settle Station was opened in 1876 and has one of the large Derby Gothic Style station buildings.
This is one of the 3 stations which originally served Settle, the other two were Settle (Old) renamed Giggleswick in 1877 and Settle Junction which closed in 1877.
The station forms part of what was formerly a much larger complex including a goods shed, weigh office, sidings, cattle dock, signal box and water tank. Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1970 but even today the water tank and Station Master’s house, although now in private ownership, provide evidence of the station’s past. Slideshow Upload Buy Image