A Christian style chalk cross is on the outskirts of Shoreham (National Grid Ref TQ 5148 6198) and cut as a memorial to the casualties of the first world war. The cross is edged with whitewashed protruding concrete blocks 6" wide and can be seen from the village. There is also a memorial stone on the site. The cross is on land owned by Sevenoaks District Council, but leased to Shoreham Parish Council.
The cross took 16 months to construct, from the 24th May 1920 when the first sod was cut. Finished in September 1921, the Rev. David Madge and Samuel Cheesman were the two people responsible for the creation of the cross although most of the villagers helped in the actual construction. It was unveiled on empire day 1921.