in the county of Shropshire
in the county of Suffolk
Full Steam Ahead Into The Past
Please login or click here to join.
Forgot Password? Click Here
Beverley Minster possessed two bells in 1050. Four bells were installed in 1366, three of which are still in use in the Minster after having been recast. In the south-west tower there is a bell weighing over 7 tonnes and which is over 7 feet in diameter. It is a non-swinging bourdon bell called Great John, which chimes the hour and dates from 1901.
Follow us on social media and help share the beauty of England..