This structure dates from the foundation of Reading Abbey in 1121. It underwent major restoration in 1869 by George Gilbert Scott, following its partial collapse in a storm in 1861. Further restoration work was completed in 2018. The building has remained largely intact (unlike the Abbey itself) following the dissolution of the monasteries. The rooms in the gateway and attached buildings were put to various uses over the years, including its use as a Girls School which Jane Austen attended in 1785.
Camera Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Exposure Program: Manual, Focal length: 19 mm, Aperture: f 11, ISO: 200, Exposure time: 1/160 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Date/Time Creation: May 19, 2019, 12:24 pm
Exposure Mode: 1,
ImageID:1210632, Image size: 2000 x 3000 pixels
restricted free use Wallpaper