Woburn

in the county of Bedfordshire

The Stocks.

Marsden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of Boston

Boston

a Seaside Town in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Should we just take 'pretty' pics of England ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 13:38 on 10th August 2012

It is a good and valid subject that has stirred some sensible discussion, we could do with a few more of these nice to have something to 'get stuck into'

But likewise i think i might try the odd one to catch Ron out ! ! ! !

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 14:24 on 10th August 2012
Thanks for your comments Dave, I can tell you're a bit of a rebel too Smile
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 14:31 on 10th August 2012
Loving everything British,,i can appreciate everyones comments,( i wouldn't mind seeing pics of members pets!! )It seems no matter where we are,,most want to see the best of things,,in a world with so many ,,ermm,,well,,let us just say "not so nice" things happening daily,,i do not think we are sharing enough of the good in our daily lives.so,,bring on the good!!   
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 14:53 on 10th August 2012

I agree Rick. Love to see pets as well. If one has never had a pet of their own they cannot appreciate the loving bond and unconditional love they bring to your life. 

I had to take my car back to the shop yesterday. When I got there, the owner had her little 5 lb. dog named "Tucker" with her. He was just the cutest thing ever and such a happy little fella. He brightened up my day so much. He came right over to me and got his pets and a tummy rub. Now I know next time I go to the shop with the car I need to take treats with me!! Smile 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:21 on 10th August 2012

There are some very interesting posts to read there -i must agree with most of them but whatever decision is made it is bound to upset someone,where do we draw the line on deciding which type of picture should be posted.

Another thing that amazes me regarding all these people who join and never post --there are people who have joined over 5 yrs ago and never posted,would it save any valuable space if some of these names were deleted i am sure they will not post now.

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 19:03 on 10th August 2012

Hi James! Hope you are doing well! 

I can understand your reasoning concerning the people who join and never post but I tend to think that some people just aren't in to chit chatting. I always thought the main purpose of POE was for the pictures. To show people what England was like. So that would include anyone who wanted to submit photos. I think if we got rid of those who don't post we would lose a lot of beautiful photographs. I am sure there are a lot of people who will never get to travel to England and their only way of seeing the country is through the lovely photographs and tours on the site. There are all types of people in this world, some joiners, some on occasion and some not. I think that is what makes the world go around. Imagine if we were all alike. What a catastrophy that would be! LOL Smile

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:12 on 10th August 2012

Hi Cathy you ok,--what i mean cathy is the people who join and never come on the site from the day they have joined.Smile

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:22 on 10th August 2012

I agree with James on this one. A bit more work for Chris and Sarah but would not take long to find the names who have signed up and never been on the site again. Maybe agree on a stay of execution for any members less than, say, 18 months old who have not visited the site since signing up and delete all those over 18 months cos i feel it highly unlikely they are gonna look in now. If they do they can sign up again easily.  These names also inflate the true membership figure. Be interesting hear C&S's views on this particular subject. A lot may not find the site meets their requirements........so why join up in the first place. You get a very good idea of what the site is about by just glancing through.

Certainly is agood thread started here Edward, slightly off track but going strong all the same

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:34 on 10th August 2012

Thanks Dave --my mate ran a site until he died 5yrs ago -not half as big as this one and one of his rules was that each member must post at least 3 times in one month.

Another rule was anyone who hadnt posted in 3 months were deleted unless they had a good reason for not posting.

Yes Edward an interesting thread --its near time we had a good discussion thread -lets hope it takes off a bit more.Smile

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 19:34 on 10th August 2012

Hi James. Yes I am fine, thanks so much for asking. Sorry I misunderstood. True, no submitted photos or participation of any kind is a waste of space. And as Ron has stated, with the costs of running the site, it is a waste of money as well.

I agree with James and John. Wonderful thread and makes me feel good to be able to contribute to it.