Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Heage Windmill, Derbyshire

Heage

in the county of Derbyshire

Minterne House and Gardens

Minterne Magna

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "55"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 01:15 on 23rd June 2014

Thumbs up Pat, the worst is now over.....I sent away for my fishing liscense to learn they have an whole bunch of new regulations out that I need to know...so will be looking that up pretty soon or going to an store sells fighiing equiptment. 

Hubby turned in the soda bottles today for at least one meal while he's at the baseball trip tomarrow..DIL has an extra $102 for her motel room, and hubby can put his on his card, it's covered from lower summer electric rates this month...gas bill to drive there, they split the cost on it. For me, here at the house, channel 34 at 7 pm. So I think they did sofar pretty good...see how things go when they get there. Hubby has his AARP card, gives him 10 per cent off in some of the motels, and if they can find one serve breakfast...that's an 25 to 50 dollar bonus. Weatheris one of the best days so far. May everyone have an good time, safe time, and see you back the next day early maybe. You can always give me an call.

While they are there, I have an tent to foldup and put away, summer clothes to drag out for summer, and some plants to plant...and if there's any time left..painting maybe, but we will see how far I get on the " relaxing" with no one around bit. Kiddie pools get set up once they are back in town also...and there's an ATC camp weekend nextweekend for my son that can't go cause of "work" and we've to make July 4th arrangements for hubby and I..since I didn't get to go.I could of gone, but I didn't know if I could take the trip or not.

Sunny day finally...things are improving. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:51 on 23rd June 2014
Good Morning to all---nice to see Pat kicking about??Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:37 on 23rd June 2014
Good morning everyone, hope everyone is OK Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 16:25 on 23rd June 2014
Hi to all on this sunny day in England. Hope all are well...
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 16:25 on 23rd June 2014

Many thanks everyone, i do feel a bit better again today

Been out for my short walks but find it far too hot, must be feeling better as i hate this moping about,

hope you all are have agood day

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:21 on 23rd June 2014

sister-law had hip surgery last year..she's feeling fit as an fiddle this year, she started back today for summer classes to be an nurse...with an Masters degree...I don' tknow if she's thinking of specializing in anything or not. My comment yesterd shouls of been ATV's not ATC...hum....any rate Chris was over lined up and tunning them for the kid's next weekend, while my son was on the riding lawn mower doing the "south 40" as they say.

Everyone took off this morning on time..so my cats and I are keeping each other company...got the plants to do up, but the rest I mentioned yesterday is already done. So I go and finish off the planting..talk later on...have an good day. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:32 on 23rd June 2014
Good Evening folks --a nice day to-daySmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 22:02 on 23rd June 2014
Good evening James, it's been another nice one here too. Back home in the morning. We've had a lovely time Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:45 on 24th June 2014

My grandaughter's 16th birthday is "tanking" the way I see it right now...to the west of them they have had an 8 mg.quake (Alaska) and now another one just as high nearly...kids are staying in the downtown section of Seattle with an view of the Space Needle behind the motel, but it'snot an better motel...it's known for low price and location...not what it affords an guest and being extra nice.  I've already called them several times...one to keep an eye on the quakes for tusumi action...though it would have to travel some to get into Pudget Sound, I still told them not to hang around the harbor right now. I was watching the game, but it did not seem like it was getting off to an good start...and the commericals are overwheming for what's going on in Washington State...why they are having this game I have no idea, as they are advertising the one Friday coming with fireworks and much more "spectacular" game in ways. Last I heard the Mariners were 8 and the Red Soxs 2...and I turned the channel sometime back. So I suspect "sissy" to make it back here most unhappy....and I'm glad I didn't waste my time or money so far...the weather is changing also and they will be lucky to make it through the game without it raining. So I guess grandma will still end up having to do something special for her 16th birthday...just as soon as we recouperate from the money spent on this trip. I hope they leave there before the quakes get any worse, hope they stop...Thank God I did my "lightwork"...cause I was seeing them just off shore of Seattle at one time...around this trip. With my heart acting up I thought maybe souther California. I asked them then...stay up high on solid ground please. Quakes are lots of excitement to the "dark ones" ..playing pyschic's. If they were of the "light" they wouldn't want others hurt. They seem to thrive on the destruction...and " I told you so"..and if they were of an better persuation they would knock the crap off and do "lightwork" to where no one is in danger...instead they gave an 36 hours for an large quake in South America.

Love my grandkids...they all gave me an hearty hug as they left this morning, happy...but I wonder if they return as happy....talk later. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:53 on 24th June 2014
Good Morning all --another nice day-enjoy it.Smile