Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Hyde Park

Kensington

in the county of Greater London

Overton, Shropshire

Overton

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ever seen a Ghost ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 15:40 on 3rd August 2008
Hi Lorraine:  Hope this finds you feeling good today.  I hope everything went well.  Nice to see you back. 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:47 on 3rd August 2008
On 3rd August 2008 12:26, lorraine morrison wrote:

I'm sorry that Mark Corby feels strongly enough to post his doubts about my Durham Castle/"Ghoooosty" picture TWICE!!    I know the photo is genuine ---it was taken about 6.30. p.m.on a  clear, frosty evening in February 2005 when I was on my way to a  concert in the Cathedral, and Palace Green, where the pic. was taken,  was unusually deserted.  When I viewed the thumbnail pictures from a disc on  my TV ( I didn't get my computer until nov 2007) I was quite surprised to see the "face" appear,  and I believe there  must be some technical reason for it---perhaps something to do with the lights--I don't know.

I was recently told of the Durham Death March in 1650---here's a link for those interested in  the full story----www.scotwars.com/battle of Dunbar 1650

Don't be worrying over what other people think. And I'm sure this Mark didn't mean to post his comment twice.

I think it's a great picture, and very eerie.  

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 19:40 on 3rd August 2008

Just catching up with all the forums after my holidays to Pembrokeshire! Been reading all the ghost stories!

Paul - out of interest have you ever had a near death experience yourself? Some of the people I know who seem to have your experience of fortelling dreams have. Two of my friends were premature babies who were revived at birth and they both have predictive dreams. I don't know if it's related but it interests me. My eldest son told me about the space shuttle crash before it happened - he was quite young at the time but he described it in detail. The next day my sister rang and told me that it had crashed and it sent me cold.

When we stayed at the disused railway station at Torver in the Lake District last year my middle son ran in from the garden and said that he had been helping an old man who wanted to know what time the train was. We ran outside worried as parents do (!) and there was no one to be seen. My eldest son had been nearby and had seen no one. The railway had been shut in the Beeching cuts. One night while we were there the door knocked and again there was no one around and it's pretty quiet around there.Every time I walked through the lounge I swear I could see something in the room out of the corner of my eye...

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:54 on 3rd August 2008
On 3rd August 2008 13:41, lorraine morrison wrote:
Oh!  My avatar is back-----must have been deleted by the all powerful Ron!
I haven't felt very powerful of late Lorraine, so not guilty on this occasion! However, whilst we are on the subject of spooky things, how about this? I can hold my hand over any part of somebody else's body (an elbow or knee joint for example), without actually coming into contact with them in any way whatsoever, and they tell me that they can feel intense heat. I switch myself off from everything around me and honestly believe that I can feel the pain being drawn out of the joint. The centre of my hand almost pulsates with a very weird sensation. I guess nobody will believe me but thats exactly the way it is, and no I am not nuts Peter! Maybe another thread title...healing powers?
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:02 on 3rd August 2008

Seriously, Ron?

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:05 on 3rd August 2008
Stephanie--just been pondering what you mentioned as I hadn't give it much thought in that direction. Was told by my Mum many years ago I almost drowned whaen I was very young; about 2 or 3. Don't know anything about this, of course.  Then, when I was 17, nearly killed as a passenger in a car accident on the A21 in Kent. The driver had lost control of the car on a wet road around 60 MPH. All I can recall is looking out the other rear door window at an empty road ahead thinking " I'm going to be dead in a moment". The car suddenly lurched as it had gone backwards into a ditch. I then "woke up" thinking--I'm still here, am I ???? About 95% of what happened to the car as it started to spin like a top, I can't recall. It was like your conciousness had ben pushed to one side and something else had taken over, and senses and emotions--like fear for example--had been switched off.
Lorraine
Lorraine
quotePosted at 22:18 on 3rd August 2008

Hi everyone,

Now I have my new stainless steel knee, perhaps Ron could put his hand  over my knee and make it cold----not hot---as it is quite hot enough as it is thank you very much!!

However, it is great to be able to  walk again without  pain- and although my knee is uncomfortable just now --I know it's going to improve week by week, and it was great to be out  yesterday (on foot) taking photos again. 

Back to "Ghooooosty" photo----I will go back to Durham perhaps next February and re-enact the photo!! --"watch this space"  as they say  and I know Mark probably  didn't mean to post the comment twice .  Pleased to be back....and still trying to catch up on all the forum posts Smile

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 22:22 on 3rd August 2008
Great to see you back Lorraine!!
Lorraine
Lorraine
quotePosted at 22:42 on 3rd August 2008

Thanks Andy 

It takes ages to catch up on everything!! 

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:43 on 3rd August 2008

Yes Lorraine, great to hear that you had the surgery and all the healing is going along well. 

I am having foot surgery tomorrow morning, and will be off my feet for weeks, so I'll think of you and what you said "and although my knee is uncomfortable just now --I know it's going to improve week by week".

I nearly died once, but can't remember a thing about it so nothing fun to report there (other than living to see another day of course).

Stephanie, I believe the younger the child is the more 'in touch' they are with things beyond our reckoning. I loved your stories about your middle and eldest sons.

Ron I believe you. We all have powers to some extent, just most of us don't know it.