Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hallaton, Leicestershire

Hallaton

in the county of Leicestershire

Looking towards Sampson from Tresco

Tresco

in the county of Isles of Scilly

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

SueW from Cornwall saying hello and thanks

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next >

Susan Wood
Susan Wood
quotePosted at 19:32 on 24th August 2008
First, thank you Ruth for your lovely comment.  I can't believe you got in so quick!  I only put it on this morning and what a surprise when I opened my emails!    Well I moved to the West Country 15 years ago with my daughter who was 8 then, so we are still 'in-comers'.  I wasn't too pleased to move at first but now I love it and honestly couldn't imagine being anywhere else.  Always been interested in photography and water-colour too although I really only dabble when the inkling takes me, and never been terribly 'good' at either.  Seems as I get older I appreciate both a lot more.  I love to go off down the lanes especially around September when the sun is low and gives that gorgeous pink tinge to everything - wish I could bottle it.  Can't paint it so photography is next best thing.  By the way, I was reading in one of the threads someone wanted to know where all the primroses went.  Well come here in the Spring the lanes are full of them for a few, too short, weeks, then the daffodils and at the moment its the Montbretia - I will try to get some photos to give people an idea why I love it so much here, no promises though.  Won't go on, just like to say thanks for this great site. 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 19:36 on 24th August 2008

Hello Sue.  Yes, that was a lovely shot - almost looked like a watercolor.  Welcome to POE and I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.  The forum is full of wonderful folks.  And quite a few are very fond of Cornwall, although I've never been.  But maybe someday.  Again, welcome aboard.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 19:41 on 24th August 2008

to another Sue, there are a few of us around, so we will call you Sue W.

I was the poster asking about the primroses, so I'm glad that there are sill some around.

Looking forward to getting to know you here on the forum, and through your pictures.

Susan Wood
Susan Wood
quotePosted at 20:30 on 24th August 2008
Sorry, have been looking at the latest pics.  Thanks for the welcome, and the encouragement - funny I thought you might be first to welcome me - I've been peeking at the posts for a while now. 
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:39 on 24th August 2008
On 24th August 2008 20:30, Susan W wrote:
Sorry, have been looking at the latest pics.  Thanks for the welcome, and the encouragement - funny I thought you might be first to welcome me - I've been peeking at the posts for a while now. 

I try my best to get in first, but darn that Ruth, she beat me to the post  .

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:12 on 24th August 2008

Just got lucky I guess, Sue.  LOL!  Yes:9743

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:14 on 24th August 2008
Oh, love your smiley, Ruth.
Susan Wood
Susan Wood
quotePosted at 21:20 on 24th August 2008
Sorry, SueH, I was browsing again.  I know, you were just being nice and letting her get in first, weren't you?  And you really are a nice bunch too.  Really should be off now but this site just keeps me here for hours.  Oh well just another quick look.  Goodnight for now USA
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 21:43 on 24th August 2008

Hi Sue W. Welcome to POE from me. Glad you could join us. Smile

Ruth I love your avatar. How do you get those smilies on here?

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:44 on 24th August 2008

Night, Sue W.  I know what you mean.  HIghly addictive website here.

Afternoon, Sue H.  I have smileys but they're not as good as yours.  May favorite of yours is the sweet innocent with the stick legs. 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next >