Penmon

in the county of Isle of Anglesey

Marle Place Gardens, Brenchley, Kent - TN12 7HS

Brenchley

in the county of Kent

John Betjemen, St. Pancras Station

St Pancras

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Kelly from Bon Accord

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

Kelly Fresh
Kelly Fresh
quotePosted at 01:59 on 20th March 2008
 Hi, I`m new to this site, my name is Kelly. I live in Bon Accord, Alberta, Canada- just outside of Edmonton. I accidently and am thrilled to find this website as I was trying to find photo`s of the english countryside. Last June (2007) my husband and I went to England and Scotland on our 20th wedding anniversary-it`s always been a dream of mine to visit England. I thought I would enjoy it, but instead I`m madly in love with this country if it`s possible. I think about my trip everyday-the friendly people, the history, the food and the landscapes- I love it all. I`m planning another trip next year and taking my mother (as my mother`s family is english and scottish). I can`t wait to show her Westminster Abbey, the town of Grasmere and the Shambles in York. And there`s so much more to see this time. I have to say there are some amazing photographer`s on this website extremely talented. Your photo`s just make me want to jump on the nearest flight to London!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 02:18 on 20th March 2008

to the board Kelly. Great to have someone from Canada too.

What a great way to spend your 20th wedding anniversary, and you choose some marvelous places to visit. My avatar of hubby and I was taken on our 20th anniversary at Stonehenge.

You say 'I'm madly in love with this country if it's possible', well I am telling you it is possibly. You have been bitten by the love 'England' bug, and there's no getting over it.

Are you going to post some of the pictures you took on you last trip?

Hope to hear from you often, Just join in and take the warped sense of humor of some of it's more eccentric (naming no names) members with a pinch of salt.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:33 on 20th March 2008

Hi Kelly

Welcome to the POE forum and a brilliant website generally. As Sue says above there are a few of us that are a little eccentric, I'm just surprised she didn't put her own name on the list, indeed even perhaps 'head' the list! Joking apart you have joined a family friendly community of people who care and share their photography whilst helping each other where we can. I can tell you there are some funny (I mean ha, ha funny) people in the forum who make off the cuff quips that will have you laughing at your pc, such that family members will ask, whats funny? You will then have to spill the beans and tell them about your secret (POE that is), before long they will want to join in also, and why not?

I met a guy from Alberta who did the C S Lewis Tour with me here in Oxford, I shall have to look back in the emails for his name, he might live near you. Anyway enjoy this fantastic resource!

Kelly Fresh
Kelly Fresh
quotePosted at 19:11 on 21st March 2008
Hi, everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, from what I`ve read some of you do have quite the sense of humor and even some of your english expressions are pretty funny to us in North America. I remember when I was in london and I badly needed a tissue for my nose. So I stopped at a little store front and asked the man for Kleenex, he said What? Kleenex you know? For your nose? I said. What`s that? he said. Tissues, Facial Tissues to wipe your nose with? Oh, you mean Handy Andies, he said. What? He passed me the tissue package and I paid for it. But why do they call them Handy Andies? Anyways the temperature here is 0c and hopefully will go up to 5c today. We`ve had snow on the ground here since mid-October and I`m just sick of looking at it. Hopefully within a month it will be gone. I recieved my English Gardens magazine in the mail wednesday,it had a beautiful tulip garden on the cover- are they already out in bloom right now? We have to wait till May before we see any green here  in alberta. Maybe that`s why I love to look at the beautiful photo`s on this website. I will go through some of my photo`s of my trip and see if any of them are good enough to go on this site. Happy Easter everyone!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 19:21 on 21st March 2008

I guess Handy Andies is a name brand like Kleenex. We would call them paper tissues, much easier and to the point.

Sorry about all of your snow, we have an eight month winter here in Northern Nevada, and it gets to be sooooo loooong.

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 19:21 on 21st March 2008
HI Kelly, Welcome andSmile happy easter to you to.
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 19:22 on 21st March 2008
oops, smiley seems to have placed itself in the middle, oh well. Laughing
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:27 on 21st March 2008

Kelly

I think the advertisement went 'Handy Andy, strong little gentleman'. It was the trade name for the product but goodness knows how it becomes a gentleman....unless I haven't got it quite right. No doubt somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Today, this morning, we had blue skies in Oxford, it was raining by midday, hail by 4pm and a clear moonlit evening now! How does that go down in Alberta?

Roland Flower
Roland Flower
quotePosted at 15:07 on 23rd March 2008

Hi Kelly,

Wellcome, Its Easter here in the UK and guess what its snowing. All the daffadills and primroses have their heads down but it still looks beautifull. Have a good trip next year.

Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 16:19 on 23rd March 2008

Hi Kelly

Welcome to the forum - have funCool

Karen
1 2 3 4 5 Next >