Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Iron Man at Crosby, Merseyside

Crosby

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hi i,m jeff chapman

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jeff Chapman
Jeff Chapman
quotePosted at 20:01 on 8th November 2007
Hello, i,m jeff and i am a huge enthusiast of the Yorkshire Dales,it has everything you can imagine beautiful countryside should have,although i live 100 miles away i try and holiday there 3 times a year,i am a widower living on my own and now retired i new i would have to find something  to fill my day,s so i turned my hand to making the shepherds crooks i had so admired up in the Dales,now i make at least one a week and they sell quite well, i also enjoy photography and there is nowhere better than the Dales to get such  a variety of subjects to photograph, wildlife to scenery it has the lot, so if you decide to go north go to the dales you,ll love it
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jean Rawlinson
Jean Rawlinson
quotePosted at 15:10 on 12th November 2007
I totally agree with you Jeff! I love Hawes, Askrigg, West Scrafton, Thirsk - all Wensleydale really! I am not a good photographer but I do enjoy looking at other people's photos, especially of the Dales. Jean Rawlinson
Jeff Chapman
Jeff Chapman
quotePosted at 18:08 on 12th November 2007

Hi Jean, always nice to hear from a dales fan,what i find strange is that if i hav,nt been for a while it,s almost like you can feel the Dales calling you back,and i love to cover all three seasons, spring when you can see the new life coming out in the trees, summer for the warmth and wildlife and autum for the stunning autum colours,yep!! i can tell i,m ready for another visit

jeff

Jean Rawlinson
Jean Rawlinson
quotePosted at 21:03 on 12th November 2007

Whats wrong with Winter then??? I love Winter in the Dales; have just been for some supper in Haworth which is nearby. It was frosty coming back and a little misty over the moors. I do prefer North Yorkshire - have you read James Herriot's books? I found West Scrafton because of reading his book about Yorkshire. It was just as he described it, although the 'beck' he described in West Scrafton has now dried up!

I would like to see more of the Cotswolds. There seems to be some beautiful places down there. I did the obligatory 'Bourton-On-the -Water, and Stow-On The Wold' coach tour about 20 years ago, and was very impressed even then. Nice to hear from you Jeff - its nice when someone appreciates beautiful places - its not all bad!!!!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:28 on 10th March 2008

Hi Jeff

What about a pic of your handy work? Oh and by the very imortant way....welcome to a brilliant website.

Jeff Chapman
Jeff Chapman
quotePosted at 21:04 on 10th March 2008

Hi Ron,i totally agree with you what a great site, as for my handy work, it never crossed my mind to put any on but i will do my bestto put a pic on this week,i,m pleased your interested,and would appreciate your comments

kind regards

jeff

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 11:59 on 11th March 2008

Hi Jeff and welcome to the site. I've just approved the picture of your shepherd's crooks so will post it here too as Ron was interested. Looks like you are a fine craftsman by the way! Thanks for sharing the picture with us all.

Shepherds Crooks
Picture by Jeff Chapman

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:14 on 11th March 2008

Not only a fine craftsman, but a fine photographer too! Here is one of my faves. A really great photo.

Looking down the vally in Wensleydale, in the Yorkshire Dales. July 2006
Picture by Jeff Chapman

Margaret Singleton
Margaret Singleton
quotePosted at 14:57 on 11th March 2008

Your  hiking sticks look great Jeff! Just what one needs on country walks. Just wondered do you make them to order I am sure a few people would be interested. Keep up the good work, it seems a great hobby to have.

Regards Margaret Singleton

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:47 on 11th March 2008

Hi Jeff

They look excellent quality. Are they all one piece with the timber 'bent' into shape, or are they made up with several sections! And do I see the name 'The Stickman' above the door of the workshop? Thanks for the pic!