Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Oswald's Church, Warton (near Carnforth, Lancs.)

Warton

in the county of Lancashire

St Mary's Chuch, East Bergholt, Suffolk

East Bergholt

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hi i,m jeff chapman

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jeff Chapman
Jeff Chapman
quotePosted at 16:49 on 11th March 2008
Hi Ron,they are a two section crook the head is hand carved from a block of wood,and then they are fixed onto the shank by a metal dowel,all have a rubber ferrule fitted at the base to prevent slipping and i weather seal the whole crook to give a good long life,i normally make them 53 inches long and then shorten them if required ( a rough guide to a sticks length is to come to about elbow hieght) then it,s good for leaning on , a crook really is a very good safety item to take on any walk acting as a third leg when getting over stiles or going up or down hills
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jeff Chapman
Jeff Chapman
quotePosted at 18:15 on 11th March 2008
As a footnote to ron,s last post although i do have the stickman on my workshop i don,t use that name because  a well respected stickmaker in Helmsley who supplies all stickmaking materials has a business called the stickman, so i am known among stickmakers as( The walking man )
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:59 on 11th March 2008
Hi Jeff, welcome to the site. Thanks for the photo's and the info. Keep them coming.
 Please login to post to this thread...