'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Keep at Carisbrooke Castle

Carisbrooke

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Why a sky ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 18:43 on 25th July 2008

Like I said on 3rd July.... 

I think anyone who enjoys photography would, and still do take pictures of the sunsets, clouds and sky. Photography is a great art form and photos of sky are one of my faves I just dident see it as being "English". Should we have a "SKY" photo gallery to show our stuff off on? I think the work that goes into running something like this site must be enormous and it may be seen as detracting from it's origins and adding more work.

So Ray, I have no intention to "log off permenently and join another forum more to ones liking" as you put it on 23rd July.

I have absolutely no problem at all with photos of sky, I simply don’t see it as being English.

I wonder how you, or anyone else would feel to be told to log off permenently for airing a view ?

I'm happy for the readers to make there own minds up about that.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 18:01 on 27th July 2008
I was not suggesting you 'Log off etc' Merely saying that as a general principle, one should not be compelled to stay on a forum or thread that one has strong views about' Is all!
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 18:02 on 27th July 2008
If someone told me to 'log off ' permanently, I would wonder what I had said to upset them, or anyone else! lol
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 08:30 on 29th July 2008
Mick, we all contribute to this site for the same reasons, one of the main ones being to build a useful library so that anyone who visits this site has a good chance of finding pictures of places they'd like to visit. POE is, to my mind, a catalogue of all that's best about England, whether it's the beautiful scenery, the little cottages, old English buses or indeed the sky. Another thing I absolutely love about POE is the non- competitive nature of the photography here. I am a member of a couple of American run sites with members that think they're David Bailey and delight in taking the p**s out of everyones' pictures. I've had first hand experience of their cheap comments and was forced to shut the idiots up by winning a competition they all entered. Even then, I had comments on the picture from these so-called 'experts' which I had to put them straight on. If I don't particularly like a picture, I remain silent. If I like a picture, I comment. It's a simple solution. Let's keep this excellent, friendly site friendly.
Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 10:02 on 29th July 2008

Hello Andy,

I couldn’t agree with you more. I think the longer this link goes on the less productive it has become. So, to recap, I have no problems whatsoever of photos of sky, all I have ever said is that it’s not English. That’s not an opinion it’s a fact.

I take photos of sunsets and sky but unless it shows at least SOME landscape I personally wouldn’t post it up as an English picture. Also I might add that my thread on this issue was a general one and not one aimed at any individual.

I have now said on a number of occasions what I’ve outlined in this post and feel anymore input from me would be of no value.

Please login to post to this thread...