Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bolsover, Derbyshire

Bolsover

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Why a sky ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Karen Richardson
Karen Richardson
quotePosted at 01:45 on 11th July 2008

Here's another - very dramatic.

SUNSET HARTLEPOOL
Picture by Ian Malcolmson

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 07:23 on 11th July 2008
Beautiful pics Karen, I love sunsets.
Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 07:36 on 11th July 2008
On 11th July 2008 00:52, Karen Richardson wrote:

This is why we take pictures of the sky.........

Across the water
Picture by mark elston

A very good example it is too, a perfect sky, nothing wrong with that. With reference to the sky can you tell me were it is? It looks just like the one I see when I travel the world, the sky always appears the same where ever I have travelled. My point was is it English ?

Pictures of England no, pictures of sky, yes.   

I have no problem at all with your photography or your choice of subject, I’m out numbered by a shed load on this subject but hay, that doesn’t make me wrong. I myself posted a photo I took of a bird yesterday, absolutely nothing to do with England, so, lets shake hands on this one and all enjoy posting photos were all proud of and allow the prospective tourist to pick and mix.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 17:36 on 11th July 2008
On 11th July 2008 07:36, Mick Bean wrote:

A very good example it is too, a perfect sky, nothing wrong with that. With reference to the sky can you tell me were it is? It looks just like the one I see when I travel the world, the sky always appears the same where ever I have travelled. My point was is it English ?

Pictures of England no, pictures of sky, yes.   

I have no problem at all with your photography or your choice of subject, I’m out numbered by a shed load on this subject but hay, that doesn’t make me wrong. I myself posted a photo I took of a bird yesterday, absolutely nothing to do with England, so, lets shake hands on this one and all enjoy posting photos were all proud of and allow the prospective tourist to pick and mix.

Works for me, Mick.  Last year, before I'd ever been to the British Isles, I was  prospective tourist taking a virtual tour thru this website.  There are breathtaking photos from all over the planet, but it's nice to be able to zero in on your destination and see something besides all the tourist stuff.  Do you know how many pictures I've seen of the houses of Parliament in my life?  Tons.  But it's lovely to see the stuff we don't know about.  And they say it's best to tour a country with one of the locals.  In a way, visiting here is kind of like that.  Loved your photo of the Canada goose by the way.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 18:30 on 11th July 2008

Here's Mick's Canada goose.  This is a beauty.

Getting in a flap
Picture by Mick Bean

Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 20:03 on 11th July 2008
Well thank you Ruth, only a couple of moments before I took this photo I had almost given up on an unusual shot, how glad I was that I kept my camara ready.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 09:06 on 23rd July 2008

Hi Mick, thank you for your comment on my sky picture. I understand how you feel about the sky pictures on the site but where do we stop? For example your Canada Goose could have been taken in Canada! Your beach shot of sea and pebbles could have been taken in any country with a coast around the world. Flowers unless they only grow in the UK can also be taken in other countries. Animal and bird shots the same.

I joined the site because I know I am an amateur photographer and I know I am not good enough to join a proper photo society - I enjoyed escaping into this different world where we can have a laugh, enjoy looking at people's pictures and saying nice things about the one's we like. If I don't like one I don't comment because I didn't join to hurt anyone's feelings. It is your right I suppose to do so as there is a 1 star button there to be used. Call me pathetic if you want to but you stole some of the magic of this site from me yesterday.

L
L
quotePosted at 09:46 on 23rd July 2008
On 23rd July 2008 09:06, Stephanie Jackson wrote:

Hi Mick, thank you for your comment on my sky picture. I understand how you feel about the sky pictures on the site but where do we stop? For example your Canada Goose could have been taken in Canada! Your beach shot of sea and pebbles could have been taken in any country with a coast around the world. Flowers unless they only grow in the UK can also be taken in other countries. Animal and bird shots the same.

I joined the site because I know I am an amateur photographer and I know I am not good enough to join a proper photo society - I enjoyed escaping into this different world where we can have a laugh, enjoy looking at people's pictures and saying nice things about the one's we like. If I don't like one I don't comment because I didn't join to hurt anyone's feelings. It is your right I suppose to do so as there is a 1 star button there to be used. Call me pathetic if you want to but you stole some of the magic of this site from me yesterday.

I agree Stephanie, and I joined many years ago now for the same reason, so I can maybe be called patheitc too, but who cares? I'm here as I love looking at and taking photo's so hopefully anyone can enjoy.
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 10:07 on 23rd July 2008

Well said girls. I agree with you entirely. I for one get a great pleasure from looking at your pics. I enjoy well composed and good quality pictures, even if it is the inside of a dustbin. What is in a name. Pictures of England contain all sorts of pictures, and threads. that is what makes it so unique and enjoyable. If you do not like it. The anwer is to log off permenently and join another forum more to ones liking.

Ray. 

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 14:26 on 23rd July 2008
Thanks Ray & Lyn