Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Long Melford, village Church

Long Melford

in the county of Suffolk

Four-spotted chaser

Aldeburgh

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Asda Head Office - Customer Services contact telephone number

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:57 on 16th December 2014

The telephone number to call is 0800 952 01010800 952 0101

I just got back from ASDA's Wheatley Store after having experienced a disgraceful verbal attack from a member of staff, such that I have made a complaint to their Head Office Customer Services in Leeds. However trying to find a telephone number was in itself a task.

You can search the net, go to forums and their own website, but none of the promised telephone numbers are operational. A recorded message says 'sorry' no longer available.

So if you need to call Asda Head Office Customer Services the number above will get you there, but I can only now wonder how long they will leave this one open for POE's millions of visitors.

So just for the record I approached the checkout thinking that the guy in front with shopping on the conveyor also owned the basket that was on the floor. When it appeared he had no interest in it, I asked him was it his, he said no. I looked across the store to a girl (checkout supervisor, line manager or whatever they refer to them as) who's name sounds something like 'Ivonna'.

With my right foot I slid the over full basket about 8 to 10 feet across the floor and said to the girl it appears to be left unattended and needs moving. She immediately started shouting at me, such that other shoppers stopped to watch and said "if you had told me about it I would have moved it". I replied,  I am telling you now, for as far as I am concerned it could be a bomb under that lot and as we are continually told to be aware of things, I consider it needs to be moved.

She called the Deputy Manager who told me to stop shouting at him and that if I thought it was a bomb I should have contacted him!

I did also point out that people who are hard of hearing (as am I) tend to speak louder than others. In the meantime 'she' the girl involved came back three times to further put her oar in whilst I was talking to the DM and was told three times by the DM to go away.

The DM was also told by the guy at the checkout behind me, who I don't know from Adam, but I did take his postcode so that they can check him out independently if they wish, that "she is always causing trouble here and what this bloke has said is absolutely correct, she had no reason to rare up at him".

Frankly, I think it's a disgrace that Asda allow their staff to speak to customers this way, or do they? I have registered a complaint having spoken to Suzanne their Head Office and we will see where this goes, but needless to say if the girl with a very poor grasp of the English language wants to keep her job, she should at least behave in a way conducive to the environment in which she works.

The telephone number above refers to calling via Skype. I called from my landline in the normal manner.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:16th December 2014 11:06
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:38 on 16th December 2014

I gave up on Asda years ago when they we taken over by Walmart, everything including the staff went downhill. Tesco is nearer to me, it's smaller staffed by locals who are always friendly. I've also started visiting Lidl, good stuff and a lot cheaper.

Sounds like she needs the push Ron. I'd vote with your feet and go elsewhere. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:20 on 16th December 2014

This is coincidental--last week my wife went in to Morrisons for a whole salmon --the chap was already serving so she waited until the customer was served --when he was served she asked about the salmon to which he replied "are you taking it as it is" to which she replied no -if you dont mind i would like it filleted -to which he replied i am sorry but i only start work at 10am--so why was he serving a customer at 9-30am.

she then said to him i will call back after 10am to which he replied i wont be here i will be on my break -so my wife said to him rather politely to stick it up his backside and walked off.

The thing was he couldnt be bothered to do it this is one of the reasons Morrisons are losing customers and sales.-i have e-mailed Morrisons and up to now have had no reply,the attitude of staff these days is really bad.Smile

We got the salmon from another branch later  no problem.Smile

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:59 on 16th December 2014
I'd have told him where to stick his salmon too, not so politely though Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:00 on 16th December 2014

Two local people that were in the store at the time (unbeknown to me) asked me later what had gone on? I think it was just an excuse to tell me of their own battle with the same girl who apparently has only recently been promoted to her current position.

I can't write what they said here, but their opinion was that the promotion to line manager, checkout manager or whatever they call themselves has gone to her head and although previously liked by the staff, she is now apparently detested. One asked, I wonder if she would get away with it in Poland?

Frankly I don't care who she is, or where she comes from, but one thing for sure is that she is not getting away with speaking to me the way she did without the management getting to hear about it (as they have) especially so as the heightened alert re terrorist threats are something that we should all take very seriously.

After all is said and done, a device could very easily have been buried in the well packed, unattended basket left at the checkout, which is what started this.

Get real Asda Store Wheatley and deal with your staff before they drive the customers away completely.

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:13 on 16th December 2014
One bad member of staff can have a big impact on the other staff as you say Ron, she needs to be dealt with promptly. Strikes me she wasn't ready for promotion and someone made a bad decision by doing so.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:56 on 17th December 2014

I think the fact that members of the public are already commenting (as did the guy in the queue at the checkout with me) suggests it's only a matter of time before our newly promoted, hard working visitor gets her just rewards. Trouble is, if and when she gets fired we will end up having to pay for her rent and rates etc as well as any family that she may have.

I doubt Asda will get back to me with a response of any kind, when in fact they should at least be saying thank you for looking out for the safety of others, so there you have it and time to shop elswhere I think as Ruth says.

Gud ere innit...

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:22 on 17th December 2014
Yes there are plenty of other shops Ron, Aldi and Lidl are giving the major supermarkets a run for there money around here. Years ago when they started there was a very limited range of products, but all that's changed recently. Even the branded products are selling for a lot less than Tesco.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:49 on 17th December 2014
You cant beat the old corner shopsSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 13:16 on 17th December 2014
There are not many left James. We have a little co-op in the village and it's great. Staffed by people from the village who are always happy to help and have a chat. That said it's a bit the same in our Tesco, you never get rushed through the checkout as the staff are always chatty and happy to help pack for you.
1 2 3 4 Next >