Herstmonceux

in the county of East Sussex

Pembroke Castle

Pembroke

in the county of Pembrokeshire

Berkeley Castle, Gloucestershire

Berkeley

in the county of Gloucestershire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "58"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:47 on 15th October 2014
Yes I know John, and I had to edit my post as I spelt it wrong Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:36 on 15th October 2014

Who was the unwanted stranger?..if I might ask.

Holiday bazzars came out today in the newspaper...here's an new one...next to the Gresham Ladies Elks Lodge Bazaar ..been an while since I've been to it also. Ah, here it is....British Tea, Bake sale and Bazzaar....Nov. 15th, 10 pm to 4 pm...1060 Chandler Road at Christ Church...Lake Oswego. X-mas puddings, baked goods, crafts. Daughters of The British Empire, OR. I'm munching on some Weight Watcher's pecan crown chocolates ..made with Whitman's real chocolate also. One pouch of 4 "turttle" like candies...140 calories. Just took sister home, she now has one PJ set, and four new outfits, her  dress coat dry cleaned, new shoes, new slippers,  new ladies sets of leg thights for winter, scarves galore and Christmas Pin, and big sized containers of hair shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Her own Weight Watcher program book from the past also..with receipes in it.  6 muffins from last night and she went grocery shopping while here also. So, I'm tired and thinking of taking an bath and laying down an bit before I get back to my ususal routine. I now have clothes to wash, and bathroom to clean in depth type cleaning.

America's Largest Christmas Bazaar is Nov. 28-30 and the following weekend, tickets for adults is $7 admission, but it the grand daddy of them all..and miles and miles in vendors selling..these guys travel all over every state though out America with their Bazaar. They are interesting talking to them. I talked with one guy that starts out in New England, and picks up stuff the entire way for his painting his craftwork...standing pieces of old cdar fencing with Christmas Scenes on them...then he tells me he's in an motor home, and it's equiped with an generator operated freezer, so when they get to Alaska, he's buying Salmon for all year long...when they go to the Gulf states, he's tossing in fresh shrimp...Oregon Dungeness Crabs..and he does this all over the place as he's traveling for his yearly food next year at rock bottom prices. Since he has an business liscense back home, the entire trip is tax deductible nearly.

Another time I got to talk to the grand-daughter of Chief Seattle as she brought in her young girls to dance to Native American music and tell thier history as half time entertainment.  They also had an vendor booth selling Native American Crafts...such as beaded slippers and cedar items (bowls) and tanned hide clothing.  

You just never know who you will run into or what you will see either, it's low cost on upwards to pretty expensive...and very trendy.  I go for now. Have an good days...things are moving along for the Holidays...or so it looks like. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:56 on 15th October 2014
Probably someone sneaking in with a post trying to get some free advertising Shirley, they keep trying - and failing Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:54 on 15th October 2014

Exactly right Ruth - otherwise known as spamming.

If they want to advertise their company details then POE will happily accommodate them for a very reasonable fee. Contact the owners Chris and Sarah at uk2@picturesofengland.com

However, the sort of 'business' that the unwanted visitor was offering was far from legal and therefore never likely to get approved on this site.

Thanks also to John who noticed it and who also let me know, although by the time I got up and out of bed this morning, it had already been dealt with.

Thank you to all who keep POE safe.

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 14:01 on 16th October 2014

Quite a few showers here today,

had a tiring day yesterday , visited our friends in Tavistock Devon, if any of you know that Devon people don't stop talking . did a lovely walk though in Plym woods, but now poor Bern is really suffering with his knee  Today .still its nearly the 30thoct.

Next week we meet more friends  in Devon  so another day of listening .  its always good to see them t.hough

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:41 on 16th October 2014

Kind of like when the computer guy took out the receipe web site on my computer recently..said it wasn't up to snuff either, possible hacker looking for an way in, he froze the site.... and through it out completely..but he also cleared out an lot of cookies for me also..he said I didn't need them most likely from what he could see. I had 12 updates yesterday and I told him, that many of them slow down my computer and I probably only needed the one everyone's having problems with in computering. Sometimes those come with problems to solve there after in getting them also. 

Well, we are rain one day and sun the next..so it's alternative days of walking now. I really haven't lost an thing since Sept in weight. I think I am somehow tied "psychically" with an person that is being fed intraveinously...they are the only people I know that survive without an "BM".... because they are  on solid liquids. How I got the spiritual attachment to them, not sure exactly.  Possibly through andoctor or an patient of one of them, or an nursing home. When you know these kind of people, that's what happens...esp if your an healer...sometimes they get dumped in your lap because their careworkers... do nothing for them.  I haven't changed my routine though since Sept...and the things that made me lose 20 pounds.The lab tests come up soon and need to talk to him also about getting them done, as he's taking off the last week for an vacation from what his office gal said. I know there is some kind of unwarranted "Interference" because of this going on.  I just made mycall to set up my lab report for late next week, as Hobson is going to need to do that before he goes on vacation...for my Nov. 3 Dr. Appt. Things are looking right now to not be off these meds for at least another motth possibly. Maybe the meds aren't working cause I am no longer diabetic also...I've lost the required 10 per cent of weight to stop from being pre-diabetic. But that brings on added problems also, cause I'd really like to lose another 25 pounds before calling it quits on the dieting. But I can take my time an bit better soI don' t have to buy any more clothing until next Spring. I have enough until then and would need an smaller size.

Hubby tells me the weirdest things these days. He came home last night an found out I was washing dishes and clothes at the same time and told me I shouldn't do that...I said "why"..I've always done it beforehand..he said the water useage going through the pipes. Now what difference does that make? Esp. because both the newer appliances don't use as much water to operate on. We are on "city water" and not an well. I can't think of any reason for saying it.

I go for now, sounds like your all visiting right now. I need to get walking for today..so let you be.... and have an good day. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:37 on 16th October 2014
Evening everyone, late today, we've been to Liverpool to collect a fishing rod for David. Had a drive up to Crosby to see the iron men statues on the beach, then had a walk around the Albert Dock in Liverpool and a look around the new museum. A very nice day.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:59 on 17th October 2014

Well, that's good, I came back in tonight as I just finsished Judy off an letter. My blood glucose reading is really low tonight, but my calories are way up today..... to keep from losing weight I betcha.  I just added another fiber bar and half an cup of milk. Will wait an bit and see how it reads. I hardly fight having low readings as I do to high readings.  I do wonder when it all gets" normal"... all the time...including my weight. I think it was "life savers" they said to take if it dipped down to low. One of these 24 hours stores should be open. Well, well, guess whom had an pack of them..hubby. Gee, if only he was that good in seeing to it I could lose weight. Being he went an bought me an 750 calorie hamburger not to long ago, knowing that's almost my entire day's diet. And..I'm not losing weight either for some time now. So thar means I get to stay up and and I'm really tired tonight. I was going over Christmas decorating Ideas with Judy...and the package I'm getting ready to send to her. Mostly Christmas ornaments.... and stuff to make them with.  But it probably wouldn't hurt me to take out some time and make purple penguins for my sister in-law out of popsicle sticks...for her Christmas tree. She's an purple person. Recently added turquiose though in her house. So what do I say for them being "purple"...ok there's the little Kee Kee bird...they named it that cause it goes around saying Kee, Kee Christ.... it's cold out there tonight!...maybe I could tell her they just look like penguins? Last year we put purple feathers on clear bulbs and decorated them down the sides with gold ribbons and sparkly things. I could tell her this is left over from last year and borrowing the purple feathers. I doubt she'd beleive me, but it might be worth the try. I think I'll go tonight.... and see how long before the blood glucose takes to rise up again. Hope I can lose the half poun I gained back from the other day...fat chance huh...and they called and said the lab test order was sent into the hospital tonight to take next week sometime. I'm looking in sad shape right now. I was hoping to be about 8 pounds down in weight by now. I did walk 6 miles today though...I have this huge gigantic woman that excerises in the park, and she just out runs me by miles walking. She's not really that heavy...she's just an large woman with large walking strides, and goes twice around... to my one time. I feel like I'm going in slow motion with her there. She plugs in her Ipod, and away she goes! I keep thinking, gosh I wish I was an taller person, maybe it would help. Goodnight everyone.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:29 on 17th October 2014

Shirley says>>>

Hubby tells me the weirdest things these days. He came home last night an found out I was washing dishes and clothes at the same time and told me I shouldn't do that...I said "why"..I've always done it beforehand..he said the water useage going through the pipes. Now what difference does that make? Esp. because both the newer appliances don't use as much water to operate on. We are on "city water" and not an well. I can't think of any reason for saying it.

I would guess he has heard somebody suggest that the amount of water needed to operate each machine will be affected, which in some circumstances could happen I suppose, but I would say it is unlikely if you have a reasonable water pressure.

The fact that the machines use less water these days is probably the very reason for some 'possibly' not working 100% effectively in the circumstance that you mention.

If your clothes come out with skid marks still on them, stop sliding downhill on grass and maybe consider using a pre-wash, which defeats the object of water econony!! lol

Incidentally, from what you say about your PC I would also guess that most of your problems are due to lack of maintenance, which sooner or later affects us all. When they work well, they work well, but when they go wrong for whatever reason, they are a nightmare.

Good luck Shirley...

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:01 on 17th October 2014
Good morning everyone, it's a lovely sunny one here today Smile