Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The needles IOW

Newport

in the county of Isle of Wight

Cobham Mill, Surrey: A painting by Stanley Port

Cobham

in the county of Surrey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "58"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:24 on 10th October 2014
Good evening everyone. It's not been like summer here today Pat, fine but very windy and quite chilly.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:45 on 10th October 2014

Well, I got to writting research work down late last night and had about three mini sized heath Holloween bars...and woke up this morning at 4 am with my blood sugar at 251 (normal is 80-120)....and I've had it several tiems now at 113....so I stayed up and I excerised trying to get an lower number....I was just at 140, but haven't had breakfast as of yet..so just ate an cup of "Lite" progresso Beef/Barley soup for lunch and foget breakfast today. I was looking over this book I just mentioned yesterday and she said she felt Camelot was most likely Cadbury Castle...as is generally now accepted...but I thought I'd check out an Castle in France also..because King authur apparently had several of them. From northumbria down south, into France and coming back again into Wales, this Castle and then into Ireland also. Kind of with the general path of the "Templars" and religious men of the day.  That took me to Opoul-Perriolls...and an castle built there in 1246 by Jacques D'Aragon and was occupied by both French as the Spanish.  Much like Cadbury, it sits on an limestone plateau since the Roman days, much like Cadbury does in it's area...12 miles from Glasonbury Tor. this particular Castle, is also set in ruine now..but it has an romantic association with "Chapel Perious" and "Siege Perlious"...with many caves that have been explored in the area. 

"Chapel Perious" is an occult term referring to an pyschological state in which an individual can not be certain wether they have been aided or hindered by some force outside the realm of the natrual world, or what happened was a product of thier own imagination. 

"Seige Perlious" in Arthurian ledgend is an vacant seat at the Round Table reserved by Merlin for the knight who would one day be successful in the quest for the Holy Grail...this knight was said to be either Perceival or Sir Galahad, depending on the version of the story. Merlin made the "Seige Perlious fatal to anyone that else that tries to sit in it.  I'm still working on Sir Galahad..but Perceivl I tend to agree with...besides kin to "Jesus" family..he became later on the Percy family of Northcumberland. Some people say that the Holy

Grail is the children's lineage from Jesus. supposedly he had two sons, an namesake of himself and "Justus"...whom uncle Joseph raised in the metal merchant trades with him along the Medditerean Sea areas...and of course was known at Glasonbury Tor...his daughter named "Tarmar" I think married or was an Celtic Woman in Ireland...and the Hill of Tara was named after her. The hill whereIreland's ancient King's were crowned also was said to "talk". Your immagination or what? In another version of this story...Sir Galhad takes the 13th seat on WhitSunday(7th day after Easter), 454 years after the death of Jesus. But it's now disputed as to if he really died these days. We only have the King James Version that he did and that bible has an lot of fallacy and left out parts to it's writing...and misconceptions. Or at least according to the found Dead Sea Scrolls...also stored in an cave.  Caves seemed to have played an part in all the places they went, as well as to the "Templar Knights" also. Near by is another runined castle called "Coustssa" with an town at it's foothill. My notes say this was an recongized Templar Knight (Cathar)Castle in it's day..later occupied by Simon de Montforte, it was abandoned..given to the Templars...it was inhabited by them until the19th centrury and largely pulled down.

It thing of it's day is an mysterious "murder" of parish leader Antonine Gelis..perhaps "Giles" name start?....They cali from the air the town was laid out in the shape of an scull or an helmet...both these areas in FRance have in the area small stone huts called "capitelles"that dot the hillsides...look like stone bee hives. Some say the nuns went there from near by St Celia to "meditate"...but when I put in fo rmore information it comes up in Ireland they are called an Clochan...they may be tied to the Druid/Celtic religion, they certainly are part of the monestary of six huts where St. Partick landed in Ireland...but they were known all over Europe to some extent...the larger ones were later called "Ringforts" and they set the stage for baily and motte castle building. I also recongnize them to be what the Native Americans here called "Sweat Lodges" and yes, it's where they talk to the "creator" during rituals and cleansing. Holy Island near Northcumbria had them also...around 600 AD..an few of them have been dated back to 400 AD. They remind me of the "hats" said shaped like an helmet of the earliest of early Pharoh's of Egypt...as they also were "behive" shaped. I won' t take it back to "Ancient Aleins" but kind of at times touches upon them. 

So..... now you know why I'm tired today.  It's thought the Hill of Tara was an early "ringfort" also...and they aren't sure what the purpose of them were..as they were much larger then the "Capitelles" or so called "Clochan" in Ireland. They resemble perhaps "Stonehedge" in ancient days...but on an smaller scale. They seem to have an connection with "gathering" either militarily, but mostly family and or animals or the pottery industry and metals in some areas. I go for now. Talk later on. If any of you know anything about them, let me in on it...heh? 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:01 on 10th October 2014
Sorry to hear you've got the man flu John, enjoy your whisky Smile
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 23:33 on 10th October 2014
Fancy using 'man flu' as an excuse for a drop of whisky!! tut tut
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 23:50 on 10th October 2014
  Whatever he do say John, sorry to hear you be rough so hope you feel better double quick.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:35 on 11th October 2014
Hi to all POEsters, have a great day and get better soon if you are unwell (as is John).
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 09:05 on 11th October 2014
Good morning everyone, a lovely bright sunny one here Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:04 on 11th October 2014
Good afternoon John, glad you're feeling a bit better Smile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 16:29 on 11th October 2014

A beautiful day here, hope it stays fine tonight as its Chard Carnival, so hoping to catch a glimpse of our youngest Granddaughter Dancing,

hope you feel better soon John 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:42 on 11th October 2014
Have a lovely evening at the carnival Pat. Just watched the weather forecast you should be fine Smile