Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Thatched roof house

West Lulworth

in the county of Dorset

Church

Sheringham

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "36"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:27 on 14th December 2012

Hi James and all POEsters...

A dinner with the family will do for me, but what about other family members, where will you be, what will you be doing?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 13:41 on 14th December 2012
Thanks James and Shirley, i would love to have seen your pheasants
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
Posted at 15:00 on 14th December 2012
Hello and good day to you all.cold and a bit o snow here,,putting us all in  a Christmassy way...
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
Posted at 15:10 on 14th December 2012
Hello everyone. That sounds wonderful Rick! Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 17:30 on 14th December 2012
Good Evening folks --nice to see some of our colonial cousins aboutSmile  has anyone heard from Cathy yet.
Syd Harling
Syd Harling
Posted at 19:10 on 14th December 2012

Hello all POEsters.

I shall be be away from home for the week leading up to Christmas and may not have internet connectivity so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with peace, love and joy.

I move house on January 3rd and it may take a wee while to establish an internet connection at the new place so if I don't pop in for a while don't worry. As The Terminator said, "I will be back".

Thanks to all the friends I have made on POE for their friendship and support during the dark days of the loss of my wife of 40 years and for being happy for me that I have found a new lady and started a new life. You are all good people.

Have a great weekend friends.

Bye for now

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:57 on 14th December 2012

I think I'll go into some kind of powerful prayer, see if the world can get straightened out on it's thinking from the looks of things here lately...while I was making the veggie Christmas Tree this morning for the sister in-law little did I hear the news in the kitchen..I just found out from my sister about the 20 kindergarden children killed by an shooter in Connecticut..this is just HORRIBLE..people. Obama... crying... is going to release an statement at 3:15 pm. Is this some kind of terrorist on the loose doing this..why are these people doing such weird things and then commit sucide afterwards. Are they high on some kind of drugs maybe...I mean it just doesn't make any sense any more. 20 kids killed and 6 of the school staff. None of us can grasp in our minds of why this was done exactly. We are sad over here today. Pray for us. This is suppose to be an time of peace, love, and happiness....and God's light shining through in our hearts...for the birth of his son...mankind's redemption. I would say that someone doesn't want it that way.  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:04 on 15th December 2012

...In answer to your previous question...I don' t know from the others, but I bought me an bread machine, an electric knife, and an new crock pot for beginners. I promised everyone some homemade bread as I start writing again here soon...and soup or stew... to keep warm with. I'll be making the "Roast Beef" sliders..or little sandwiches to go with the grilled steaks... with the Crock Pot. It will be an simple dinner this year... grilled steak...beef sliders...mashed potatoes..gravy...green salad...veggies..rolls...fruit salad of some kind and for desert...your choice of strawberry cheesecake, coconut cake with blueberry topping, or Chocolate Fudge cake, with christmas sprinkes on whip cream. We have been "snacking" and making cookies for the last several weeks. I just opened up my fruit basket with cheese and nuts and salami and crackers from my brother tonight. Not to mention it also had chocolate popcorn and choloate cherries in it...from David and Harry's. (Gift package company of fresh fruits and so forth). My son is making the steaks on the grill as he has been for years now...when I was working at an local grocery store.... and couldn't get the entire day off for Christmas. I was working two part time jobs back then, and niether place is in buisness these days...but then again, I am not working either in ways.

Rick possibilty of snow closer to the 1,000 foot range over the weekend...which will take it to Sandy, Oregon and our scouts are going to be at an "sleep over" near by at an older "Eagle Scout's" house...was an freind of my son's growing up. I have not been out to Ron's house since he married...but I do know most of us in bad weather get taken... with our tents...into the garage area, sometimes an barn...and I'm packing hand warmers for my grandson, to throw in his sleeping bag with him... and I told hubby he could take the "big buddy" heater with him if he wanted. Hope all goes well.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 11:02 on 15th December 2012
Good Morning to all --not such a bad day here.Smile
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 15:42 on 15th December 2012
hi Santa, can I tell you what i would like for Xmas?