Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Harting

South Harting

in the county of West Sussex

Union Road, Oswaldtwistle

Oswaldtwistle

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Nitpicks

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

Cor Faber
Cor Faber
quotePosted at 15:57 on 24th August 2008

I couldn't find a topic with this title so I thought I'd start a new one.

If it's is already there.... sorry:(

What about the following?

If someone dies in a movie and they turn into a ghost, they always wear the same clothes as at the moment they died. Have those clothes died too?

Same topic: ghosts of people who died seem to be able to go through walls, doors, and so on.

With floors it seems to be different. A ghost can just walk over them even on the 3rd floor or whatever floor. Mmmmmm, I just wonder..........

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 16:27 on 24th August 2008

What an interesting topic.

Does that mean if you die in a hospital bed, you spend the rest of eternity in a open backed hospital gown    ? Heaven forefend     !

Sorry, I amuse myself  .

As for not falling through the floors, I presume they aren't actually walking on the floor, as they are ghost, so they float walk across the floor.

I' trying to remember what my Uncle Tom had on when I saw him , I think it was indeed the style of clothes he would have been wearing when he died (1953),certainly wasn't anything that caught my attention.

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 17:35 on 24th August 2008
On 24th August 2008 16:27, Sue H wrote:

Does that mean if you die in a hospital bed, you spend the rest of eternity in a open backed hospital gown    ? Heaven forefend     !

Sorry, I amuse myself  .

LOL at Sue H. That is a good thought! That is why whenever I am in the hospital I always wear a second gown as a robe! LOL
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 17:38 on 24th August 2008
I have a nitpick for you. Why is it that cops can tailgate you, go faster and talk on the phone while driving and they don't get punished. Seems to me they should be setting the example. It's no wonder there aren't any rules on the road anymore unless you run into a cop. Nobody does the speed limit anymore or follows the rules of the road.

quote | editPosted at 01:05 on 25th August 2008
On 24th August 2008 17:38, Catherine England Schleunes wrote:
I have a nitpick for you. Why is it that cops can tailgate you, go faster and talk on the phone while driving and they don't get punished. Seems to me they should be setting the example. It's no wonder there aren't any rules on the road anymore unless you run into a cop. Nobody does the speed limit anymore or follows the rules of the road.

There is one rule for them and another for us, Catherine. Was it always so..I don't think so!Undecided
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 01:51 on 25th August 2008
On 24th August 2008 17:38, Catherine England Schleunes wrote:
Some time ago I was booked for speeding. The cop that booked me broke the law by doing a U turn across double centre lines and then doing probably 120 klm. per hour to catch me for speeding at 90 klm. ph. in an 80 zone. ???SurprisedYell
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 01:57 on 25th August 2008
Doesn't that just make you want to explode! Yell Just last week a cop was tailgating me so I pulled over to let him pass. I was doing 65 mph in a 55 mph zone. I thought, I'm going to follow him and see what he is up to! So I did. He was talking on the phone going 90 mph until he got behind another car and tailgated that person. I was so mad I reported him. Like that is really going to do any good.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 02:18 on 25th August 2008

Let's not be too hard on our police forces. Sadly there are times they have to disregard the laws of the road to remove those who are breaking the law and putting others at risk.

L
L
quotePosted at 08:11 on 25th August 2008
On 25th August 2008 02:18, Sue H wrote:

Let's not be too hard on our police forces. Sadly there are times they have to disregard the laws of the road to remove those who are breaking the law and putting others at risk.

Yes there are TIMES, but sometimes I reckon they're just late getting home for lunch, its one law for them and one for us the mere mortals.
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 14:02 on 25th August 2008
On 25th August 2008 08:11, Lyn Greenaway wrote:
On 25th August 2008 02:18, Sue H wrote:

Yes there are TIMES, but sometimes I reckon they're just late getting home for lunch, its one law for them and one for us the mere mortals.

You are right Lyn. If it was an emergency they would have their lights on and maybe the sirens.
1 2 3 4 5 Next >