Exploring the most Picturesque & Historic parts of England
Nestled in countryside in the Derbyshire Dales on the edge of the Peak District, just two miles from the market town of Ashbourne, the Gateway to Dovedale. Our cottage has uninterrupted views over fields and a wealth of charm and character, combined with modern conveniences.
Accommodation includes attractive beamed lounge with gas-fired wood effect stove. There is a picture window with field views and patio doors to your own elevated patio area and bird table. A well equipped kitchen and dining room, upstairs double bedroom with fitted wardrobes and exposed beams, and bath/shower room.
• Cooker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
• Digital Freeview TV/DVD.
• Radio CD player.
• Bedding and towels included.
• All utilities included.
• Wi-Fi access on request.
• Ample car parking.
• Pets welcome by arrangement.
• Footpaths from garden into surrounding fields.
• Bus stop at property.
• Access statement available on request.
Local attractions include:
• Ashbourne market on Thursday and Saturday.
• We can recommend restaurants and public houses nearby.
• Shops, swimming pool, churches, library and take-aways in Ashbourne.
• Carsington Reservoir with walks and visitor centre.
• Sudbury Hall and Museum of Childhood, and other National Trust properties including Kedleston Park and Calke Abbey nearby.
• Alton Towers theme park and gardens.
• Churnet Valley and Peak Railways nearby.
• Easy access to Matlock, Cromford, Bakewell and Buxton.
Shepherds Folly cottage adjoins the owners' house and has attractive cottage gardens front and rear. Your comfort and privacy are our priorities and we aim to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
A market town in the Peak District..
This is a popular Derbyshire village with a church dating back to the Doomsday Book...
A pretty and popular village which includes a wonderful park which is part of Ilam Hall. Enjoy wonderful walks through the park and the lovely river Manifold. The village is set.....
Milldale is a glorious stone village lying in scenic countryside towards the southern fringes of the Peak District National Park...
Church Broughton is an attractive Derbyshire village lying in open countryside that is perhaps best noted for its ancient church dedicated to Saint Michael...
Denstone is a peaceful village set in the midst of rural Staffordshire countryside, where farm meadows are watered from a myriad of sparkling rivers flowing down from the Peak District National Park...
Carsington Water is situated close to the village of Carsington in the lower regions of Derbyshire. Carsington Water is a large.....
Dating from Jacobean times, Tissington Hall has been lived in by the FitzHerbert family for 500 years and is set in the beautiful.....
Running along both banks of the river Manifold, this is an area of beautiful open park and woodland with spectacular views.....
The River Dove flows through one of England's loveliest valleys. Though little more than a mile long, Dove Dale shows a variety.....
The home of the Curzon family for over 800 years. The present mansion was originally designed for Sir Nathaniel Curzon in around.....
Alton Towers is the number one theme park in England. Dating back to the Victorian times, Alton Towers closed during the outbreak.....
Please login to make a review