'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello! Catherine England Schleunes here from Baltimore, Maryland, USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 00:25 on 17th August 2008
As a moderator, Ronis supposed to check the post and delete any thatt is not suitable for family viewing. As this is a family site, nothing should be posted that young children should not see. I dont know what else his job is, but he is mad, so dont take any notice of him. He he he.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 02:28 on 17th August 2008

Okay, I think I get it.

So Ron, since you are the father figure of this family, can I call you Pa?

I am so happy to have another family. I always wanted a big family and never got it. Now I am so blessed!Cool 

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 03:40 on 17th August 2008
On 17th August 2008 02:28, Catherine England Schleunes wrote:

Okay, I think I get it.

So Ron, since you are the father figure of this family, can I call you Pa?

Love it! Oh I love it!
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 07:00 on 17th August 2008

Sue your posts are so entertaining, your little animated smilies are the best!

Also like Peter's 'Leg End Arry" !Laughing

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:25 on 17th August 2008
On 16th August 2008 23:30, Sue H wrote:

Oh, I get to dish the dirt...I mean share the information on Ron. Please everybody else, feel free to add you pennies worth (or ten cents, depending on which country you live in).

Ron Brind, husband of lovely Anna Brind, father of lovely Sarah and father-in-law to lovely Chris. Chris and Sarah are POE.

Ron is a lovely fella (lovely is my word of the day) a very tall and lovable (close enough to lovely to work) with a sharp (very sharp, ouch) wit.

Ron is full of banter, barbs (friendly), boisterousness (hope that's a word, as now I'm on a B kick) and, and, can't think of another B word right now (and no, I don't use that other B word you are thinking of).

He of course has been part of POE since the beginning, and the rest of us have joined in along the way. We are one big happy family and we welcome you as part of that family.

Sue H - There's nothing more to say then is there, I'm just wonderful! Thinks.....wait for the others to have their say after that!! And Sue, like Wolf says your smileys are spot on, I was laughing so much Anna came to see what it was all about! 

Peter? Well he's jealous, as well as ugly and nuts! Yuck, I haven't had my breakfast yet either!!

Catherine writes:>>> So Ron, since you are the father figure of this family, can I call you Pa? To that I say call me what you like Catherine because the others in the forum do! As for what else I do, well if you get time take a look at www.cslewistours.com (hence the link to Third Day from their travelling Pastor Nigel James), and/or www.visitthekilns.com where most questions are answered if you intend visiting the former home of C. S. Lewis in Oxford, England. The www.messengerradio.com talk to Oklahoma via Ray Sanders and Bob Nigh about C. S. Lewis, was just a couple weeks ago. Oh just to confirm the relationship as per Sue's post, yes Sarah is our daughter and Chris our son-in-law. Great couple they are too with four wonderful children, our grandchildren of course. By the way Anna and I have been married for over 40 years! Thinks.....could have got less time for robbing the mail train!!

Take care now dear Catherine and family

From your loving Pa 

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 14:04 on 17th August 2008

It could of been worse Sue, I could have called him Ol' Granddad. Innocent  By the way I wasn't thinking of another B word. When my daughter was born I promised that I would never curse and set a good example for her. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I am clean as a whistle. I just eat, and eat and eat...my favorite is dessert.

My loving Pa, I don't know much about C. S. Lewis other than the movie Narnia which I loved!!! But how admirable to keep his legacy alive. My parents have been married for 52 years. My dad had a date with a nursing student at Seton. The girl became ill and could not go. She asked my Mom to take her place. Mom went down to the car, stuck her head in the window and asked, "Are you Bob England?" and when he said yes she jumped in the car and said, "I'm your date for tonight!" One month later they were engaged, two months later they were married and one month later my older brother was on the way! Now they have four very grown children and three grandchildren, two of which are in Arizona. 

(Thinks.....could have got less time for robbing the mail train!!)  Sounds like something my dad would say! Do you get to see your grandchildren much?

How about you Peter? Do you see your grandchildren much?  My grandfather loved to tease us. He would tickle us and then pull off one of our shoes and hide it. Or he would tie them together. Or for us girls if we had bows on our dresses he would pull an end and untie them. He would get this silly grin on his face. I sure miss him.

Sue, do you have children or grandchildren? Although I was going to say you don't look old enough for grandchildren but I got another look at the picture. Surprised He He He!

How about you Wolf? 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:12 on 17th August 2008

>>>>>Sue, do you have children or grandchildren? Although I was going to say you don't look old enough for grandchildren but I got another look at the picture. He, he, he that'll cheer dear old Sue up!!

Hey you are going to fit in just fine here Catherine!! Poor old Sue!! And yes we see lots of our grandchildren, love em all to bits!! They range in age from just short of three years, to just short of seventeen years.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 14:16 on 17th August 2008
I see my grandchildren and greatgrandchildren quite often Cath. Taken them on holiday a few times too. The girls (granddaughters) are getting to old to muck about with now. One nearly 16 and one nearly 15. But unfortunately, due to my health issues, I cant play with my oldest great grandson as I would like. The other GGs is still to young to play games with anyway. But I love them all to bits.
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 14:32 on 17th August 2008

Peter, what kind of health problems do you have? My daughter at sixteen is not much into her grandparents right now. I don't know if it is because she doesn't know how to interact with my dad and the dementia besides not hearing very well. I wish she would spend more time with him before he is gone and she regrets it.

Just thinking out loud ...... I am so grateful to my parents for all that they have done for me. They taught me how to be independent and responsible. My daughter is at the age where she thinks she knows it all and won't let me teach her anything.

I hope I can get to England soon so I can visit all of you. We could have a reunion of sorts! 

L
L
quotePosted at 14:48 on 17th August 2008
When my lads were 16 they weren't into their grandparents either (they only had one set as my in-laws had died before they were born) so I don't think it's anything unusual Catherine, they are from different generations and therefore not on the 'same wavelength' as they say. As for 16 years olds thinking they know it all, well it's the same everywhere and every parent goes through that 'your wrong i'm right'  stage. It's all part of growing up i'm afraid, so I shouldn't worry about it. My lads are now 29 and we argue sometimes still yes, but they would do anything for me, so just grit your teeth and accept its all part of growing up lol If I think back to when I was about 16 I was probably just the same, as probably a lot of you were!