Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Custom Picture Tours

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 16:22 on 17th February 2010
Sally I have uploaded an iron thing-a-me-bob for your tour
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rita Iton
Rita Iton
Posted at 22:19 on 19th February 2010
Hi Sally.I enjoyed your Moonlight tour. and thought what a beautiful set of pictures. Thanks for putting this tour together.
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 05:39 on 20th February 2010

Last night I was putting the finishing touches to tours

http://www.picturesofengland.com/user/cathyml/tour/Little_drops_of_water

http://www.picturesofengland.com/user/cathyml/tour/On_gossamer_threads

and my soon-to-be 14 yr grand daugther (who loves looking at the pictures on POE) wanted to have a go so on her suggestion I have now started "The colour purple" (wonder what it is about purple and teenage girls?) and "Two's company ( yes, well, we all now why that one!)

http://www.picturesofengland.com/user/cathyml/tour/The_colour_purple

http://www.picturesofengland.com/user/cathyml/tour/Twos_Company

I do hope you enjoy them as much as we did starting them

Edited by: cathyml at:20th February 2010 05:42
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
Posted at 07:05 on 20th February 2010
They are fabulous tours Cathy and Sally - you have both worked hard putting those together and brilliant ideas for tours!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:16 on 24th February 2010

Wow, the 'Two's Company' Tour took me 20 minutes just to flick through it quickly, but is was well worth it CathyML. How long do you reckon it took you to put it together?

Have to get on with POE stuff right now but will be back to see the other members tours in due course. Thanks to everybody for all the work that goes into putting them together. 

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
Posted at 10:44 on 24th February 2010
well put together C&S, and well done your talented grand daughter.Smile
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 11:10 on 24th February 2010

Hi Ron, glad you found it worthwhile, I'm still working on it! So far it has taken 4 evenings and I still want to go through the counties with the most pictures - but husband is moaning as we have reached our "cap" on the internet connection - he did take pity on me and added some more, but I am having to be more circumspect.  I have tried to use the google search you pointed out but it is not entirely successful as the word you are looking for has to be in the description or title!

Thank you 'lancashire love', The ideas for "the colour purple" and "two's company" were grand daughters and she looked for the first pictures but she was only with me for a couple of hours so couldn't carry on, so I did.  She has joined the camera club at school so I'm hoping she will be taking some great pictures soon (I gave her one of my cameras to get her started) Laughing

Putting together a tour is a lovely excuse to go through all the photos again (my geography is improving too!)Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:17 on 24th February 2010

CathyML>>>>I have tried to use the google search you pointed out but it is not entirely successful as the word you are looking for has to be in the description or title!

Of course otherwise how can it find it, but yes I understand! Lol

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 12:15 on 24th February 2010

Well I finally managed to browse through Sally's tours and the blue/purple one from CathyML.

Sally, it just lets you see what a great bunch of photographers we have here on POE, both professional and amateur! Lovely tours.

And CathyML another wonderful tour, but 'Purple' tour? Think you should have gone to Specsavers!! Lol

Just in case you are not aware of 'Specsavers' they are opticians here who have managed to create some brilliant adverts, with the catchphrase 'Should have gone to Specsavers' after the apparent mistake has been made of course. Love the tour though CathyML, great stuff indeed.

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
Posted at 18:46 on 24th February 2010
Thanks for the kind comments on my tours Ron (and others) last week and again this week I am very busy with my voluntary work for the CCC Ltd but I intend to extend my tours asap.