Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Southwell Minster, nottinghamshire

Southwell

in the county of Nottinghamshire

The Elan Valley, Wales

Rhayader

in the county of Powys

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Custom Picture Tours

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 21:43 on 31st March 2010
Cathyml, look at the pic and guess again.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 21:47 on 31st March 2010
I was trying to guess based on what I would expect to pay here and put it a bit on the high side!!!!  So therefore have to admit I wouldn't have a clue, lol
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 21:59 on 31st March 2010
£9.
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 22:01 on 31st March 2010

Oh wow - If I change that to local currency it would be virtually R100.00. which would be a fairly expensive meal here.  I took to the 2 grandchildren for lunch today and including their drinks it cost me R112.00!

Then I hope it tasted out of this world (I must admit it looks really good)

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 15:03 on 1st April 2010
Peggy found this super photo of snowdrops for you!!! in return for the cod & chipsLaughing
Snowdrops, Ness Gardens
Picture by Norma Brazendale

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
Posted at 15:33 on 1st April 2010
On 31st March 2010 20:37, Tony Tooth wrote:
Not quite sure what essential point you're trying to make, but I put different pictures on different sites for different reasons. Personally, I use the terms "pictures", "images" and "photographs", or abbreviated versions of these, interchangeably - and will continue to do so. I put 156 pics of France on the other site primarily for the benefit of the people I was on holiday with.

my points, tony were, the success of a web site is the number of 'hits' it gets. The more 'hits' the more likely advertising companies will advertise on the site, hopefully bringing in much needed revenue to keep the site going. If you can provide a link back to this site to attract more 'hits' it would be great. my other point was of course that not all posters on this site are 'A' list photographers, but everyday people taking everyday photo's and get great satisfaction proudly displaying them on POE Smile
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
Posted at 15:54 on 1st April 2010
Peg,try going to Padstow in Cornwall. There is a resteraunt there that charges £25,in 2oo6, for Cod and chips. Neadless to say, we went elsewhere. The cheff is always on TV telling us how to cook fish.
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 07:48 on 2nd April 2010
Congratulations "Lancashire Love" on your My Lancashire Tour, it certainly shows how beautiful Lancashire is and your love of Lancashire! Beautifully put together, well done
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
Posted at 14:04 on 2nd April 2010
I know just who you mean, Peter!  I watched his show over here.  Rather an odd sort of fellow who ate a few disgusting items (according to my taste buds), but I did enjoy seeing the different areas he visited in the countryside, the farms and the thoughts of a home cooked meal made from the freshest ingredients grown or raised locally.  Also learned a bit about how to use an Aga, even though I don't have one.  I could never pay the prices he charges in his restaurant either.
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 07:08 on 8th April 2010

I see there are a couple of new tours in the making:

Peggy your road names tour looks as though it will be good for a few giggles. 

Jaunty Jane has started two: Simple pleasures - I thought all the pursuits (except perhaps the race) are very calming to view Jane, nice one! And Solitude reminded me how good it can be to be alone sometimes, especially in a lovely setting.