Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Another Place, Crosby

Crosby

in the county of Merseyside

Colemere near Ellesmere in Shropshire, UK.

Colemere

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

How are things the Garden?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:11 on 10th April 2015
We paid £1200 for our garden furniture more than 30 years ago James, still as good as the day we bought it. Came from an outlet in Chilton near Didcot, can't remember the name just now though. It was a Garden Centre I think.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:34 on 10th April 2015
A lot of cash then--the best time to buy anything like that is back end of summer when they are clearing out.Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:28 on 11th April 2015

Yeah, it was a lot of cash as you say James but it included every attachment going including foot stools, tables, tablecloth, umbrella, base, cushions you name it, a good purchase for sure.

Today, they seem to be available for less than £200 and last five minutes, such is life I guess.

I notice the 'Goosegogs' are well loaded with flower, a good year in the making for fruit it seems.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:52 on 13th April 2015

Fed the lawns and pulled a few weeds.

Pear tree treated again for Codling Moth but have to be selective as the flower is about to burst open.

Spray the flower, kill the Bees and that is no good to anybody, because without the Bees doing their bit, there won't be any fruit!

Be careful how you use insecticides wherever you are.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 17:24 on 13th April 2015
Not  done much this weekend --only lawn cut and just a bit of tidying up.Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:43 on 15th April 2015

Seems like only you and I have gardens James!

Dandelions thrive don't they, yellow heads that you pick off and within an hour there are just as many!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:36 on 16th April 2015

Grrrrgh Dandelions!

Really can't believe how quickly they throw up another flower. Will have to dig the roots out I guess.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:45 on 16th April 2015
Done a bit of lawn patching this week due to an attack of mossSmile
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:51 on 17th April 2015
Over 50 new Geranium cuttings this week --and still not enoughSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 23:42 on 17th April 2015

Ron, I thought you had an pesticide company...why all the problems?  Thye are giving up lawns in California for lack of rain, and been watching some of the things they are coming up with instead. One of them is making little square boxes of rocks and putting lawn furniture inside of them an dbuying truf around the insides of them....they put in lawn swings...two chairs and an small table...decorations. Stuff like that...anything to cut down the amount of land to have to take care of and then everything goes into "pots"...and they water those with those watering sticks they have out now, look like clear glass globes...do an lot of backyard fire pits in these squares with benches sitting around it...some people are converting over to swimming pools...ponds also.  AS fo rthe newer houses they have no yard. they are lucky to have an place big enough to have an picnic table and BBQ. At lot of those people aren't even doing fences between houses hoping they will have more lawn if they share. Many people aren't buying an thing these days for their yard. Kind of sad also. I lost all my fruit trees this year..I might cut them down and go to peanut butter an jelly sandwhiches cause I can't afford fresh fruit at the high prices these days. They were out in full force yesterday protesting for higher wages in downtown Portland. Lowe's came out this year with huge movie screen type landscape pictures to put on the end of the outdoor furniture arrangment so you feel like your in nature..... it reminds me of the fish tank..where you buy those prints for the back of the tank for the fish...so they look impressive swimming around in front of the tank.