Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Mildenhall, Suffolk

Mildenhall

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Another Scam!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:38 on 15th January 2015

I'm currently been bombarded with emails headed 'Payment Request'. Needless to say they are simply wasting their time and effort, but worth mentioning for POE members and those who may not be so able to recognize a scam. Each time it's a different name, position, Company name of course, but do they really think we are as stupid as they are? Following is a copy of the email, less of course the contact details.

Dear Sirs,

Sub: Remitance of GBP 1265.24

This is with reference to the above, we request you to kindly remit GBP 1265.24 in favor of our bank account. 
For more information on our bank details please refer to the attached document.

Thanking you,
Lillie Dejesus
Senior Accounts

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:04 on 15th January 2015
Using such an unusual sum is an easier way to dupe people than putting in a nice round figure like £1000.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:02 on 17th January 2015

I've had loads more since I posted that Ruth. They must be really stupid, which shows in fact, because they can't spell can they?

>>> Sub: Remitance of GBP 1265.24

Oh, and they forgot to add the attachment referred to (not that I ever open them mind).

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 16:27 on 17th January 2015
I'm pleased to say I've not had one Ron, I never get any of these kind of emails Undecided thankfully.
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 00:16 on 19th January 2015

I would be a little worried, Ron, if you are getting a lot of these type of e-mails. Either you are on some sort of list or someone on your e-mail contacts list has a virus infecting their PC which is spreading these e-mails to others.

As you wisely say, never open an attachment to an unknown e-mail, since it would almost certainly be a virus or trojan which would hijack personal information from your PC. I trust you have anti-virus software running. There are several good free anti-virus programs which will neutralise e-mail viruses.

Edited by: Edward Lever at:19th January 2015 00:19
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:57 on 19th January 2015

Hi Edward and thanks for your words of caution. It happens that the perpetrator targets three email addresses in particular, which they have found by chance.

I am not concerned, but it is a pain in the backside and you would think they would get the message.

And yes I do have anti-virus in place so nothing to worry about, just b...y annoying.

Please login to post to this thread...