Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

From Castlerigg Farm Campsite, looking towards Cat Bells. Lake District

Castlerigg

in the county of Cumbria

The Tower Gate House

Pembroke

in the county of Pembrokeshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Yippee! Now you can sell your photo's on POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:22 on 22nd January 2014

I've replaced my comment on the new upload John.

On the matter Dave mentions about wonky horizons, just about every one of the image editors out there have a simple method for straightening images, it takes only a matter of seconds, so why upload a slanting picture ? 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:29 on 22nd January 2014

Quite right Ruth or if there is not a specific straightening tool simply crop the image slightly and rotate the crop til the horizon is level. Simples !!!

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:02 on 22nd January 2014
Well done John. Don't forget if you have any queries or problems however trivial they may be just ask and you are sure to get help and solutions.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 23:04 on 22nd January 2014
Praise is good John, but sometimes another pair of eyes looking at your picture helps. The photo I uploaded last week of the man herding his sheep with his dog, Dave looked at it and said that it would be much better cropped to show more of the action with the sheep than the background. I hadn't seen it, but he was right. The cropped image looked much better. As long as comments are constructive we can all learn and that's good.

quote | editPosted at 23:17 on 22nd January 2014
POE must never be allowed to become critique site, but suggestions and observations are good as Ruth has kindly agreed. I just saw a stronger picture in that image and Ruth gave it a go and fortunately for me it worked.
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 23:30 on 22nd January 2014

The very fact that stars are awarded could be seen as an invitation to give a critical opinion, good or bad. However, normally five stars are awarded by most people, which has more or less become custom and practice. 

Good thread this as it has provoked some really good comments.  

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 07:10 on 23rd January 2014

Have to agree with you Rod, both the threads on the selling of photos have created some excellent debate.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:14 on 23rd January 2014

Has anybody seen this yet?

POE says>>>Free accounts (Non-Premier members) are now limited to 5 image uploads a day. The limit can be lifted by upgrading to Premier Membership at any time. When a free account holder reaches their daily limit, they are prompted to upgrade via a button on the upload form. This takes them to paypal, where as soon as they pay, the limit is instantly lifted allowing them to continue uploading to the site. 

Many thanks to all our members for their much valued feedback and suggestions. It's greatly appreciated.

Chris & Sarah

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 08:36 on 23rd January 2014
Certainly have Ron, and have to say Well done to Chris and Sarah. I will no doubt add some comment later
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:27 on 23rd January 2014
Seen it and commented Ron thank you.