Cardiff

in the county of Glamorgan

Country view

Croyde

a Picturesque Village in the county of Devon

Berkeley Castle, Gloucestershire

Berkeley

in the county of Gloucestershire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Yippee! Now you can sell your photo's on POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 20:02 on 20th January 2014

Strange but it feels like the site I have come to know & enjoy over the past 18 months ... feels a totally different beast at the moment & the sheer amount coming in is quite incredible ? I know it's a good thing for POE of course ... but I hope it does calm down a tad soon so we can also enjoy some of these fine images & pass comment without being as you say ...overloaded & can't be bothered ? 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:08 on 20th January 2014
Absolutely agree Martin. And with you 100% on your previous popst re a cap limitfor ALL members. I have just noticed another thread advising that the first image has been sold!! Good news and well done Polly. Only one minor criticism with that image that would never be acceptable with the big agencies .... the photographers name included in the image. Would be interested to know what type of organisation bought the image. Personally I hate to see names and titles on photographs. It is not necessary certainly now in the digital age and only distracts from the image. 
Zbigniew Siwik
Zbigniew Siwik
quotePosted at 21:01 on 20th January 2014
Yes , 109 images  "only" uploaded today by one member ?!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:04 on 20th January 2014

All valid points guys n gals, but as Dave says Chris and Sarah are trying to fund the site (simply because some are being selfish and won't put their hand in their pocket) and yes I'm saying that Dave so not blaming you for it.

The fact remains that changes will happen, but it takes time when you're on a limited budget.

To those who have submitted the many pictures as they have without making a donation I say, c'mon dig a little deeper, it won't hurt forever and you know it's a good deal, so hopefully you feel a tad ashamed!

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:23 on 20th January 2014
On 20th January 2014 21:01, Zbigniew Siwik wrote:

133 last count  zbigniew
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:34 on 20th January 2014
I'll quite happily shouider the blame with you Ron. As I suggested earlier in thread, at least I think it was this threadUndecided, maybe becoming a PREMIER member should be a prerequisite to being able to sell photos. Sell 3 or 4 good size pictures and you have your money back and more !! The commision rate of 50/50 I think is amazingly fair when most of the big agencies take the lions share. But at the end of the day, as has been said many times before, it is a conscience thing
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:37 on 20th January 2014
On 20th January 2014 21:23, james prescott wrote:
On 20th January 2014 21:01, Zbigniew Siwik wrote:

133 last count  zbigniew

Quality not quantity is what we need. And quality is what sells. And those figures are absolutely ridiculous.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:40 on 20th January 2014
 I have not ventured onto the uploads yet, I got quite lost yesterday and did not have a chance to make many comments so sorry folks if I have missed you- think tonight may be going the same way.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:43 on 20th January 2014
Think you may be right mate
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 01:18 on 21st January 2014
Think I might just hold off a while before submitting any new images. It has all gone a bit manic.