Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Parade Gardens, Bath

Bath

a Historic City in the county of Somerset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

There are some people in life that one can do without!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 12:01 on 15th August 2013
Thanks Mike and Edward your comments are appreciated greatly and yes Edward I will 'let it be' now that I have brought it to the attention of POE members from whom she tried to hide same.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:35 on 15th August 2013
On 15th August 2013 10:15, MikeT wrote:

I'm right behind you on this one Ron, we don't need that kind of behaviour on this wonderful site, we're all supposed to be friends here

Here, here Mike, well said Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:28 on 15th August 2013
Thanks for the support Ruth its appreciated.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 23:08 on 15th August 2013

I received an email tonight from another POE member (apparently) who has written that my comments here are "derogatory". She asks what has it got to do with POE members, and that the FB message was so as not to embarrass me on POE. As if...

She says she doesn't deserve such treatment, but I think differently based on the abuse that she directed at me on FB which is totally unacceptable.

She says I shouldn't have gone running to POE to enlist support from members who don't know her. Well she got that bit right!

She ended up "It was quite sickening to read, shame on you Ron, you have not changed at all"

I have offered this member the opportunity to air her views here in the forum and will only name her if she wants me to post her letter. I doubt that will happen.

POE is not FB and never will be, therefore the only derogatory comments are on FB where thay can stay. Frankly I don't care if I never hear from either of these two women again.

MikeT
MikeT
Posted at 00:14 on 16th August 2013

If these ladies have got any grievances against you Ron that relate to POE, they should have the spirit of their own convictions, and come on this site to air them, not to hide behind FB and abuse you that way, the members then could make their own minds up, and decide if any of the grievances directed at you Ron, are justified or not.

Well that's the way I see it.

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 00:36 on 16th August 2013
On 15th August 2013 11:16, Edward Lever wrote:

I have only once experienced a personal attack from another member of PoE. He has removed all his pictures from PoE,  but his offensive posts remain as a reminder that what is launched into cyberspace never really disappears. It is a wounding experience, but I can only conclude that this individual had issues with other people too.

You tell me where these abusive posts are and I'll get my trusty mop and clean then up Mopping emoticon (Jobs and Occupations emoticons).
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:07 on 16th August 2013

It's pretty bad when they post something and see to it that you can't. I was said to of said something by Rosalie, on an ancestor.. in one of her written up articles and didn't and she saw to it there was no way to say I didn't say it. I don't like that, right there is when you know  something is wtong with that person. They wanted to "make up" who was family and have done it and don't care if they did any more. My son is an Lawson and will always go by that name. She's part of my mother's lineage...and second marriage.

I never joined facebook, don' t care if I do, it's an free for all over there most the time. One reason they highly scrutinize everything said these days, behind the scenes. Sad but true.

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 07:36 on 16th August 2013

Name and shame Ron!!!

But maybe not, as has been well documented here POE is a close and freindly community so no reason to stoop to those levels. Facebook has long been renowned as a site for 'getting at' people. Both my stepdaughters have experienced it. I'm with Mike, although I did see some of the earlier altercations, and would agree if the grievances started on POE have the guts to carry the throuigh on POE not a 'slagging off'' site. She has probably gone through Facebook because she knows she is totally in the wrong and will not get any backing from anyone on POE. As indicated earlier in the thread she showed her true colours when asking to see the POE accounts before making a decision to continue with Premier membership. For the sake of £15 (app $22) who was she trying to kid. Let her go or close her account.....we have done without her for long enough now i doubt if she will bne missed. I will reiterate what James inferred, when I first joined POE she was a friendly regular in the forums but then it seems overnight something snapped and she changed big style. We will get over it and she will soon be forgotten.

Gonul
Gonul
Posted at 08:40 on 16th August 2013
Ron,I don't think you deserve that kind of comments(or criticism).Agree with John :Keep up the good work!

Edited by: Gonul at:16th August 2013 09:17
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 08:48 on 16th August 2013
On 16th August 2013 00:36, Sue . wrote:
On 15th August 2013 11:16, Edward Lever wrote:

I have only once experienced a personal attack from another member of PoE. 

You tell me where these abusive posts are and I'll get my trusty mop and clean then up Mopping emoticon (Jobs and Occupations emoticons).

Thanks for the offer Sue, but these things are best left to disappear into the mists of time of their own accord, as I am sure the situation with Ron will do.

In any case, I do not think there is a way of globally deleting old posts from a user's account. I think it would have to be done on a post by post basis.