Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Groombridge

Groombridge

in the county of East Sussex

Southwell Minster

Southwell

in the county of Nottinghamshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "36"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 21:01 on 28th October 2012
OK cathy will have a look
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 21:52 on 28th October 2012
Well Cathy, thanks that is just what I wanted to see, I had no idea what SA was like, quite surprised really, and very interesting, I love to see other countries and those birds  Great,
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:05 on 29th October 2012

Nothing wrong with my computer...someone wants to be "me" though is the problem. They want to control everything I say and what others say to me also. If it's for future world trends we have an month of earthquakes coming up from Cliff High's recent report out of Texas...if not plenty of peopl want to sell things perhaps and other then that..it's basically just individual manipulation of someone.

I just got don eputting light weigth electric blankets on all the beds, or else sleeping bags for the winter. I have an couple of them plugged in now waiting for them to heat up. Make sure they work correctly. I like to turn them on, warm up the bed and then shut them off myself. As I just got done telling my sister..first thing they teach us in "Scouts" is to wear some kind of covering over the head at night to keep the heat in your body escaping from your head. As it's the number one body cooler downer. It can be an cap of some kind, and towel, or an scarf even....even an lightweight shawl. That's why they use to have curtains on beds you know...they'd close those. In fact one of the city surival things to do is to bring in all the matressesand set up up in the corner...one underneath...two on each side of existing walls and then cover it all with heavy blankets. Youd' be surprised with bed "buddies" how warm you'll be. That is an survial tip given to us by Tom Brown if your in the city and then power goes out...or you can't pay for it in winter storms. I never thought much about city survival..but he even tells you how to catch "pigeons" on window sills and ducks in city park ponds if the going gets rough...for survival food. Hope things never get that bad...but most city dwellers don't have large areas for food pantries unless they lift up thier beds and put it underneath of them. For me it's just an usual hting to do for the grandkids is to put light weight electric blankets on thier beds..otherwise we have air mattresses for in front of the fireplace..... or the wood stove downstairs. We have had the weirdest reasons for being out of power here...one of them was an airplane going down in an field tearing out the electric lines on it's way down...and he parked that thing like an absolute" pro"...before it went into an forrested area and didn't injure an single person nor caught the plane on fire either...or dented it up much at all...took some time getting pulled out of the area though...and of course it was next to an church...maybe that was it's blessing? We ate chili dogs that night from our fireplace...we had just moved in here not to long back then...I was working. I had an popcorn popper, but we used it for an can of chili and I already had the long steel skewer sfor the hot dogs...my" primitve days" I guess you know. You reember those "beginning" days of living when you were young...right? So how is everyone doing tonight?

Glad to hear that Syd got out...I'd like to go and see that movie "Cloud Atlas"...it's got several well known actors in it. Hope to do that soon. It' sat an local theater here. I thought about getting tickets to the " Singing Christmas Tree" downtown Portland also. I had an lady friend that use to sing in it, probably her grandkids still do. I have not really caught up with it in sveral years time. So much to do and it's a limited playing season for it. We've been going locally to the big old church out in this area for it's music...and then my sister an I attended an local mid-night service locally when the reverand was my neighbor two doors down...when he first re-opened this church and was just getting started again...it was very smple...but we liked it as much as the grand music presentations also. He had an simpleguitar player there that night...by candle-light we sang Christmas songs while he read the " nativity story" from the bible.....Before he moved I gave the Reverand most all my grandaughter's best Holdiay dresses and my grandson's best coats and warm clothes. I figured he'd make the best use of them...being an reverand of an church. Besides he was always helping others.

I guess I should go now...I just chat to much at times. Have you people heard of the "UsBorne" Internet-linked Children's world Cookbook? From Africa they teach you making "Bobotie" and "Peanut bread"..from England "Scones" and afternoon tea...and from Ireland...it's Irish Stew, the traditional way..from France it's an French apple tart and Salad nicoise, from Italy "Spaghetti bolognese" and pizza, from Germany it's Lebkuchen cookies...the list goes on and on. It shows pitcture by picture of each step for the making of the receipes and then talks about some of the ingrediants and what that country grows also naturally. ..how it's eaten also traditionally. You all know I'm an cookbook collector. I have sent quite a lot of them out into the world from my door step through the years though. If you don't  think this hobby is not for the men... think again...I use to have receipes for cooking off the manifold of one's car while traveling also...use to have an chicken dish that you put into foil and cooked it going 60 mph for so many mintues. Ready  made curb-side luncheon meal. LOL. Well, anyway, best get going an see if those electric blankets made the beds toasty warm.  Talk later on.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:00 on 29th October 2012
Morning/afternoon to all POEsters...
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:05 on 29th October 2012
Good Morning all hope its a nice day for you all.---and you Ron.Wink
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 09:29 on 29th October 2012
Hi Shirley, when I first read your post  electric blankets were highlighted in blue and double underlined and I curiously clicked on it and an advert appeared for electric blankets , then  the same with mattresses and survival foods, but now the whole text has gone back to normal colour, weird.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 12:07 on 29th October 2012
To the tech experts=== I keep getting a notice come up which says:- the add-on for this site failed to run,  what does that mean?  another one says choose add-ons but i do not know what add-ons are ???????
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 12:57 on 29th October 2012
I wouldn't worry about them Peggy, they are like mini programmes that the likes of Firefox and Opera etc create to help you do various things with their browsers.....so definitely not a problem....or necessary
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 14:03 on 29th October 2012
Thanks Dave
Syd Harling
Syd Harling
Posted at 14:13 on 29th October 2012

Hi all. Yeah James, nice chatting to me old mate in Lancashire last night. We jsut got done in time mate because the darn power went out shortly after. Only came back at 1 PM today.

If anyone is interested in seeing what SA looks like (well at least the Cape) then log in to flickr and search for my pictures under sydharling@yahoo.co.uk or mail me direct and I will send you pictures. Don't mail to my yahoo because it only exists to allow access to flickr, rather use the POE facilty for contact.

By the way, another code for a computer problem is BECHAK. It means "between the chair and the keyboard" or there is "a problem with the "wetware". Computers are made up of hardware, software and wetware. Guess what the wetware is.

tata for now.