Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bay at New Polzeath in early evening. Walk left on Beach for just yards to Polzeath.

New Polzeath

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of Ingham

Ingham

in the county of Lincolnshire

North Stack, Holyhead, Anglesey.

Holyhead

in the county of Isle of Anglesey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The bad news just got worse

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 17:28 on 30th August 2008
Love the avatar Alan!!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:28 on 31st August 2008

Me too, Alan.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 05:15 on 31st August 2008
On 29th August 2008 17:22, Alan Marron wrote:
Thanks Diana, Catherine and Maria for your kind comments.  I have to admit that a smile is not something I wear very often.  Believe or deny, as you wish.

Keep hanging with us Alan, we'll keep you smiling! Smile
L
L
quotePosted at 08:43 on 31st August 2008
I second that! Smile
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 11:54 on 31st August 2008
Sue - sorry to hear that. Blood clots are very scary - that it what they thought Terry had when he was rushed to hospital last year. He is also high risk. With your foot problems it is difiicult but try to stay as active as possible and thinking of you.
Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 12:22 on 31st August 2008

I am a Laurel and Hardy nut....they never loose the fun,i can watch them over and over and...................

You'd really have been in your element on Saturday afternoon then, Richard.  The large crowd that turned up were entertained by a four ppiece - The Derwent Valley Rhythm Kings'  who finished their last set with 'Trail of the Lonesome Pine (Way Out West) and Dance of the Cuckoos (the well known L & H theme).  There was also a sketch by the 'Jack Drum Theatre Group' who are pretty well known locally.  The actual unveiling was performed by 83 year old Nancy Wardle, from Dewsbury.  Nancy is a second cousin to Stan Laurel. With refreshments served in the town hall, a film show in the new Eden Theatre there and the Stan Laurel Walk all to take in it was a great time.  The local tent of the Sons of the Desert (Hog Wild tent) was very prominent, as was the 'Saps At Sea' tent from Southend.  Made a lot of new friends, and I really mean a lot!!!

I've just posted some pics of the day so they should be available to view later.

Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 12:24 on 31st August 2008
On 30th August 2008 17:28, Krissy wrote:
Love the avatar Alan!!

I didn't feel I had a lot of choice, Krissy.  Everyone else seemed to be bringing out lovely new avatars, and I was picking up a few vibes about the serious look of mine!  At least now you know why there are not a lot of pics of me around.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 20:43 on 31st August 2008
On 31st August 2008 12:22, Alan Marron wrote:

I am a Laurel and Hardy nut....they never loose the fun,i can watch them over and over and...................

You'd really have been in your element on Saturday afternoon then, Richard.  The large crowd that turned up were entertained by a four ppiece - The Derwent Valley Rhythm Kings'  who finished their last set with 'Trail of the Lonesome Pine (Way Out West) and Dance of the Cuckoos (the well known L & H theme).  There was also a sketch by the 'Jack Drum Theatre Group' who are pretty well known locally.  The actual unveiling was performed by 83 year old Nancy Wardle, from Dewsbury.  Nancy is a second cousin to Stan Laurel. With refreshments served in the town hall, a film show in the new Eden Theatre there and the Stan Laurel Walk all to take in it was a great time.  The local tent of the Sons of the Desert (Hog Wild tent) was very prominent, as was the 'Saps At Sea' tent from Southend.  Made a lot of new friends, and I really mean a lot!!!

I've just posted some pics of the day so they should be available to view later.

That sounds great, Alan.  I think that's what's missing in big cities, that is probably still practiced in small villages, especially in England, that sense of community that brings people together for an event that commemorates a person, place or thing dear to the heart of the community.

Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8