Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hayling Island, Hants

Hayling Island

in the county of Hampshire

View of Marazion from St. Michaels Mount, Cornwall

Marazion

a Seaside Town in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Seagers in Kent

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 16:56 on 23rd March 2010
I'm looking for anyone with the surname Seager, from Kent.  My grandfather Edward Seager and great grandfather Sidney J. Seager were from Thurnham (spelled Thornham in the genforum), and other ancestors were from Maidstone, Staplehurst, and East Farleigh (spelling as in genforum geneology, which I take it is actually Fairleigh).  Sidney brought his family to New York state in the period 1890-1900.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 20:54 on 23rd March 2010
Would this be the same Sidney Seager  b. 26 June 1878 Thurnham,; arrived in New York 1893; 1898 married an Elizabeth Hause, and had 9 children in NY, one being Edward H. (1905-1933).  Or is this a different one?  I think your family might well start off with Richard Seager in Kent of 1765, but your grandad Edward S. born in Kent suggests otherwise, and possibly 2 different Sidney Seagers from Kent emmigrating to New York?
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 21:10 on 23rd March 2010
Yes, the Sidney Seager from Thurnham is indeed my great-grandfather who married Elizabeth Hause.  Edward H. is my grandfather, who met an unfortunate early death in NY, before his son, my father Richard, was born.  I'm wondering about family relations in Kent now living.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:13 on 23rd March 2010

geneology is a time consuming hobby but well worth trying.

i have traced my family back to 1760 with a bit of help from a friend who is very good at it the trouble is i tried to trace some other families as well and it just got too confusing,instead of finishing one i started another then another i will get there one day. 

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:17 on 23rd March 2010

David if you are looking for living relatives try looking on the website below, there are a number of options for looking up phone numbers and addresses in England.

Like James I am also tracing the family back and went back through the 4 grandparents, it's taken years, but as so much new information is becoming available via the internet, it is an ongoing project - maybe one day the grandchildren can complete it!

http://www.numberway.com/phone-numbers/3/

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 21:35 on 23rd March 2010
Is there a way to search for email addresses for the UK?
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:54 on 24th March 2010
Not that I know of David. There do tend to be genealogy societies in different areas. My sister is a member of some of them - she gets magazines and you can put requests in them. She has traced our ancestors back a long way now and a few years ago some of our male family members went for tests to link us to another family in London who have traced their family back to the Welsh Princes - so I do have royal blood- LOL!
Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 21:56 on 26th March 2010

Yes, there's so much said these days that those DNA projects are well worth looking into because they take you direct to the source you need and cut out an lot of side line looking for it in various countries as it is. I was doing the Ingram family last night for an neice to my hubby, they have gone full circle now with the Lawson back to England. I think people need to understand in the case of people that landed in the New York area, many of them were listed as to the port of entry they left Europe at, not to be taken for their true nationality particualry. It is why my friend gave me some information about Castle Matrix in Ireland, as many ships "rested" in the area near Dublin before continuing on and this read typical to the Ingram family of the England Lawson's. Indeed what I just read... Thomas Ingles landed near Philadephia, Pennsylvania, was from Dublin, Ireland..not entirely true, they are listed in English family Lawson Chart work as kin to those of Boughham Lawson lineage. Back to the reign of Henry IV or II..in many cases...I would have to look that one up again. Thomas had an son John Ingles whose wife was the famous "Mary" taken captive by the Shawnee Indians and escaped and went back home that is an diary, they killed John at Fort Vause..FRench and Indian war era. Mary came back an married John Miller(Alexander Miller)...I need Mary's maiden name. ..some people have them as Ingles, some as Inglis and others as English by surname as to this story..it evolved to Anglen eventually and is my hubby's mothers, material lineage. I think it started out as Ingram most likley in England...though its more likely German in original maybe?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:04 on 26th March 2010
On 24th March 2010 06:54, Stephanie Jackson wrote:
Not that I know of David. There do tend to be genealogy societies in different areas. My sister is a member of some of them - she gets magazines and you can put requests in them. She has traced our ancestors back a long way now and a few years ago some of our male family members went for tests to link us to another family in London who have traced their family back to the Welsh Princes - so I do have royal blood- LOL!
Ma'am in future then Stephanie?
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 22:16 on 26th March 2010
I just think that, every decade or so, there should be a general amnesty for people with British ancestry to come home (besides those residing in Commonwealth countries).  I should have the right of return based on the fact that my grandfather was born in Kent!  They'd have to have certain qualifications, of course, and perhaps a likelihood to contribute to society, etc.