Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

International Air Monument

Plymouth

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

joseph birkin

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:05 on 22nd March 2009
On 22nd March 2009 11:20, michael gerrard wrote:
On 21st March 2009 21:38, Sue . wrote:
Good luck in your search Pam. We have a few members from 'up north' who may be able to help.

hi Sue. as a 'northaner' we would think of Derbyshire as in the 'Midlands'' the 'true' north starts at a line drawn through leeds manchester to liverpool. The geographical centre of the country is in fact in the Ribble Valley in Lancashire.

I grew up in Oxfordshire Michael, and anything north of Oxford was classified as 'up north'.

Thanks for the info though. I do so hope to visit the Ribble Valley (and Sue Bristo) when I am over this year. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:06 on 22nd March 2009

*Starts putting together a list of names of my family for Paul*

You're a wonder Paul! 

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 00:49 on 23rd March 2009
On 22nd March 2009 20:06, Sue . wrote:

You're a wonder Paul! 

Wow, I most definitely agree, Paul!
MattB
MattB
quotePosted at 18:45 on 18th June 2009

Hello Pamela,

Joseph Birkin was my great grandfather & the shop that he kept in Mapperley was on the other side of the Black Horse on the corner (Looking at the photo on the forum). This shop is still there but has been closed for a while, it used to be the Post Office.

Concerning his children, on the 1911 Census it says that Joseph had 7 children alive & 7 children deceased, which makes 14, which I had not realised. There was a Hannah Miriam Birkin born in 1873 & died in 1876.

Hope this helps,

Regards Matthew Birkin.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 21:35 on 18th June 2009
I have e-mailed Pamela the news just in case she hasn't looked in on the thread for a bit. Great news - good to see a family connection coming out of one of the enquiries!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:43 on 18th June 2009
Hi Matthew, welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, but hey why not go to 'User Introductions' and tell us a bit more about yourself and recieve the great welcome from the members that always follows.
Graham Toplis
Graham Toplis
quotePosted at 19:10 on 5th January 2011

Hi Pamela,

Thomas Toplis is my GGG Grandfather, who was married to Hannah. Unfortunatley I have know further details beyond this, but would be interested in any information on that you have on the Toplis family.

Regards

Graham Toplis 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:19 on 5th January 2011

What a result?

That's the power of POE!

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:43 on 5th January 2011
Hi Graham, a warm welcome to POE and good luck with your famly search.
Pamela Barnes
Pamela Barnes
quotePosted at 18:15 on 7th January 2011
On 5th January 2011 19:10, GRAHAM TOPLIS wrote:

Hi Pamela,

Thomas Toplis is my GGG Grandfather, who was married to Hannah. Unfortunatley I have know further details beyond this, but would be interested in any information on that you have on the Toplis family.

Regards

Graham Toplis 

hi graham, thank you for your message, thomas toplis b 1776, your 3rd g grandfather, he was my 4th g   grandfather,married to hannah b1777 eastwood, nottingham. they had a daughter phoebe b 1813 west hallam, died 20 aug 1859, she married william birkin b 1817 25 may west hallam, d 1850 mapperley, married 29 may 1844 derbyshire. my maternal grandmother was elizabeth ann birkin b 1874 danesmoor derbyshire. we are obviously related, can you give me the names of your parents please.i have a tree on ancestry. looking forward to your reply. pam.