Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Leigh on Sea

Leigh-on-Sea

a Seaside Town in the county of Essex

Dawn

Dudley

in the county of West Midlands

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello England

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:41 on 7th May 2011

Great job Paul, as always. 

Wish more of us peasant types could trace our history back that far!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ray Kirkbride
Ray Kirkbride
quotePosted at 22:12 on 7th May 2011

I cannot begin to express the thanks I owe to the members of this forum. The kindness of Paul, who has gone way beyond what anyone would expect is humbling in the least. I'm very happy to be a member .

Thank you, one and all,

Ray

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 08:07 on 8th May 2011

You're welcome Ray, and as you likely found out already, you have a very great grandfather that founded, effectively, Trenton, New Jersey as we'll show.

Lord Odard de Loges (aka Logis) was made Earl of Wigton by King Henry I, fourth son of William the Conquorer. By 1681, the scene switches to the Colonies when Joseph Kirkbride arrived there and in 1702, married Sarah Stacey, daughter of Mahlon Stacey and Rebecca Ely from Sheffield, Yorkshire. The female lines are just as interesting as the male ones, for Sarah's father Mahlon had founded the settlement that would later become Trenton, N.J. This side of the family is steeped in early Quarker history in England then New Jersey and in lands given to William Penn's father by the King in settlement of a debt owed that would become Pennsylvania. 

I think Ray can now see the connection between the Kirkbrides and the Earl and Barons of Wigton via his very great  grandmother's line, when in 1286, Sir Richard de Kirkbride married Christina de Wigton. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:8th May 2011 08:23
Ray Kirkbride
Ray Kirkbride
quotePosted at 19:49 on 8th May 2011

Paul, I'm very sorry to report that the pdf files you sent me, did not make it thru cyberspace. There were no attachments on your e-mail.

I eagerly await their arrival,because i am truely amazed at the history of my ancesters.

Best Regards,

Ray

Ray Kirkbride
Ray Kirkbride
quotePosted at 20:28 on 8th May 2011

As you can tell, I've added a picture of me along with one of my granddaughters, Morgan. Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Ray

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:28 on 8th May 2011
On 8th May 2011 19:49, Ray Kirkbride wrote:

Paul, I'm very sorry to report that the pdf files you sent me, did not make it thru cyberspace. There were no attachments on your e-mail.

I eagerly await their arrival,because i am truely amazed at the history of my ancesters.

Best Regards,

Ray

LOL......reckon you need to take more water with it Paul.

Anyway, I'm sure you will resend to put things right shortly, but thanks again for what you do for the members including, as is the case here, for Ray.

Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 22:18 on 8th May 2011

Hi Ray;  both now re-sent as Word files so hopefully, they'll make it ok for you this time. Here's a copy of the first one of Sir Richard's father's side--

1.            Baron Adam de Wigton II-1. He was born 1185. He died 1225.  Anna de Kirkbride. She was born 1185.

Baron Adam de Wigton II and Anna de Kirkbride. They had 1 child.

2.             i.        Richard de Kirkbride. He was born 1220. He married Euphemina de  Livington. They were married 1243 in Kirkbride, Cumbria. He died 1267.

Generation 2

2.            Richard de Kirkbride-2 (Baron Adam de Wigton II-1). He was born 1220. He died 1267.  Euphemina de Livington. She was born 1220 in Kirkbride, Cumbria.

Richard de Kirkbride and Euphemina de Livington. They were married 1243 in Kirkbride,  Cumbria. They had 1 child.

3.             i.        Sir Richard de Kirkbride. He was born 1266 in Cumbria, England. He  married Christina de Wigton. They were married 1286 in Kirkbride, Cumbria.  He died 1330 in Windsor,England.

Generation 3

3.            Sir Richard de Kirkbride-3 (Richard de Kirkbride-2, Baron Adam de Wigton II-1). He was  born 1266 in Cumbria, England. He died 1330 in Windsor,England.

Christina de Wigton is the daughter of Walter de Wigton and Christina Gilbert. She was born  1266 in Wigton, England. She died 1314.

Sir Richard de Kirkbride and Christina de Wigton. They were married 1286 in Kirkbride,  Cumbria. They had 2 children.

4.             i.        Walter de Kirkbride. He was born 1287 in Cumbria, England. He married   Alice de Bourdon. They were married 1313 in Cumbria, England. He died  1336 in Cumbria, England.

ii.            John de Kirkbride. He was born 1295. He died 1327.

Generation 4

4.            Walter de Kirkbride-4 (Sir Richard de Kirkbride-3, Richard de Kirkbride-2, Baron Adam de  Wigton II-1). He was born 1287 in Cumbria, England. He died 1336 in Cumbria, England.

Alice de Bourdon. She was born 1280 in Cumbria, England.

Walter de Kirkbride and Alice de Bourdon. They were married 1313 in Cumbria, England. They  had 1 child.

i.             Richard de Kirkbride III. He was born 1314 in Cumbria, England. He married  Isabela de Ireby. They were married 1348 in Cumbria, England. He died 1350  in Cumbria, England.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:8th May 2011 22:37
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 22:39 on 8th May 2011

This time going through Sir Richard's wife's side of the family----

Lord Odard de Logis-1. He was born 1095 in Scotland.

Isold Isabel de Longcroft. She was born 1107 in Longcroft, Cumbria, England.

Lord Odard de Logis and Isold Isabel de Longcroft. They had 1 child.

2. i. Baron Adam de Wigton. He was born 1129 in Wigton, England. He married

Obana de Oughterby. They were married 1180 in Cumbria, England. He died

Generation 2

2. Baron Adam de Wigton-2 (Lord Odard de Logis-1). He was born 1129 in Wigton, England.

He died 1208.

Obana de Oughterby. She was born 1132.

Baron Adam de Wigton and Obana de Oughterby. They were married 1180 in Cumbria,

England. They had 1 child.

3. i. Odard de Wigton. He was born 1180 in Wigton, England. He died 1236.

Generation 3

3. Odard de Wigton-3 (Baron Adam de Wigton-2, Lord Odard de Logis-1). He was born 1180 in

Wigton, England. He died 1236.

Milisent de Blakehale. She was born 1200.

Odard de Wigton and Millicent de Blackhole. They had 1 child.

4. i. Walter de Wigton. He was born 1236. He died 1285.

Generation 4

4. Walter de Wigton-4 (Odard de Wigton-3, Baron Adam de Wigton-2, Lord Odard de Logis-1).

He was born 1236. He died 1285.

Christina Gilbert. She was born 1236.

Walter de Wigton and Christina Gilbert. They had 1 child.

5. i. Christina de Wigton. She was born 1266 in Wigton, England. She married

Sir Richard de Kirkbride. They were married 1286 in Kirkbride, Cumbria. She

died 1314.

Generation 5

5. Christina de Wigton-5 (Walter de Wigton-4, Odard de Wigton-3, Baron Adam de Wigton-2,

Lord Odard de Logis-1). She was born 1266 in Wigton, England. She died 1314.

Sir Richard de Kirkbride is the son of Richard de Kirkbride and Euphemina de Livington. He

was born 1266 in Cumbria, England. He died 1330 in Windsor,England.

Sir Richard de Kirkbride and Christina de Wigton. They were married 1286 in Kirkbride,

Cumbria. They had 2 children.

Generation 5

6. i. Walter de Kirkbride. He was born 1287 in Cumbria, England. He married

Alice de Bourdon. They were married 1313 in Cumbria, England. He died 1336

in Cumbria, England.

ii. John de Kirkbride. He was born 1295. He died 1327.

Generation 6

6. Walter de Kirkbride-6 (Christina de Wigton-5, Walter de Wigton-4, Odard de Wigton-3, Baron

Adam de Wigton-2, Lord Odard de Logis-1). He was born 1287 in Cumbria, England. He died

1336 in Cumbria, England.

Alice de Bourdon. She was born 1280 in Cumbria, England.

Walter de Kirkbride and Alice de Bourdon. They were married 1313 in Cumbria, England. They

had 1 child.

7. i. Richard de Kirkbride III. He was born 1314 in Cumbria, England. He married

Isabela de Ireby. They were married 1348 in Cumbria, England. He died 1350

in Cumbria, England.

Generation 7

7. Richard de Kirkbride III-7 (Walter de Kirkbride-6, Christina de Wigton-5, Walter de Wigton-4,

Odard de Wigton-3, Baron Adam de Wigton-2, Lord Odard de Logis-1). He was born 1314 in

Cumbria, England. He died 1350 in Cumbria, England.

Isabela de Ireby. She was born 1314. She died 1398.

Richard de Kirkbride III and Isabela de Ireby. They were married 1348 in Cumbria, England.

They had 1 child.

i. Richard de Kirkbride IV. He was born 1348 in Cumbria, England. He died

1399 in Cumbria, England.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:8th May 2011 23:43
Ray Kirkbride
Ray Kirkbride
quotePosted at 22:40 on 8th May 2011
 Hello Paul,  I'm not sure of how long it takes for a meeage to reach me, but so far nothing has shown.
Ray Kirkbride
Ray Kirkbride
quotePosted at 22:43 on 8th May 2011
Ooops, I am sorry. The message came in while I was posting my last note.  Thank you,

Edited by: Ray Kirkbride at:8th May 2011 22:43