Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rhyddings Park, Oswaldtwistle

Oswaldtwistle

in the county of Lancashire

Decorated

Cardiff

in the county of Glamorgan

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "56"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:57 on 25th August 2014
Good Morning to all Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:06 on 25th August 2014
Hi James and all POEsters...
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 13:46 on 25th August 2014
Afternoon everyone, a typical Bank Holiday here, wet and miserable.
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 16:37 on 25th August 2014

haven't stopped  raining here all day

made a terrible mistake in trying to get to Taunton this afternoon, even though we went around all the country lanes, couldn't get into Taunton

looking down onto the M5 it was solid ,  so just came back home,

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 16:46 on 25th August 2014

Hi Pat, I can guess how solid that area must have been and in all that rain even worse. There would have been a lot of folk heading home.

We were lucky yesterday, went to see the two Lancasters flying from Dunsfold's Wings and Wheels show, did not attempt to go anywhere near the show but went to Sainsburys car park in Cranleigh and avoided all the traffic jams just a few miles away. From the corner of the car park we could get into a freshly harvested cornfield and the planes were performing and turning right above our heads. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:54 on 25th August 2014

We've not ventured out. We can see the M62 a and it looks very busy, best keep away.

Great images from yesterday Vince. Shame the farmer took your seats Smile 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:21 on 25th August 2014
Good Evening to all -eveyone happy??Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:33 on 25th August 2014
That's not a great alternative John. It seems it's going to get better tomorrow, hopefully we are going to Ribchester so David can fish and I can point my camera at some Roman ruins Smile
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:27 on 25th August 2014
  Yup , it has been rain all day here as well but did not resort to decorating. Hope it is better tomorrow ( should be the day after a bank holiday ) for you Ruth.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 22:49 on 25th August 2014

Ruth, normally I'd say you make sense on the diet, but when they put me on double the diabetes medications...it's always been an pound an day I've lost for the most part, why I don't know..when I was younger an on "Weight Watchers" and didn't cheat I'd lose at least 5 pounds an week  until I started aging somewhat...I've known our counselors out here for eons also, did my son's wedding for him with the flowers...but Mary's last words to me, sometimes when we age we can't eat as much...and the lady at curves told me her program is for seeing to it you get back your metabolism..so you can lose. In two months time..I can get off the meds if my tests are normal again. I'm following what the hospital dietician recommended the last time I went through this ordeal.

I went out yesterday an painted the side of my house in one area, "Navaho Red'..as my neighbor biol;t in around her bedroom recently with an nice round window looking down at the side of my yard ..then she hung n flowering pot in her window. So on my side of my house, where she has to look down..one this navaho red I placed and five foot Macreme yarn Owl...with an artificial bamboo plant, an "dream catcher"..looks like an star kind of... in shades of green and yellow and beige, and an wreath of pumpkins/corn/avacadoes and assorted greenery/nuts...it also is articficial...but I don' t expect to have to do much to take care of them as it turns fall either. Along with it my beige round patio table and chairs and an bright red- orange geranium plant. Our old time excerise equiptment also. It could use some gravel again, but still want to get the camper moved before I do that one, and tree limbs trimmed back. 

On my mother's Larkin family...I am beggining to think Cardinal William Warham....might be the father to the William Larkin the Percy family raised. So it is, my Lawson's were not the only ones that weon the run to save their hides. It is also, how the Larkin knew the Lawson also. They have to have certain criteria between them for me to say this. I sat up last night writing notes on William Warham. His was was said to been Elizabeth Hedley. Her family owned some property in both Kent and Suffolk Co., England...and he's buried at Canterbury Cathederal. He apparently had some kind of an palace for an house with in it...Waxham Manor that no longer exists. Had it not been for reading Bernard Cornwell's book..most of this history would not mean to much to me...so I am greatful for that to understand the details. They said on thier web site last night this is an family that is so very old, way before the Conqueror came through England. They know the documentation most like won't tbe found. But our Edward Larkin of Massachuesetts married RE. JOhn Hales wife for his second wife from this area..and Charles Dickens living in Rochester Church in his book named one of his characters "Larkin" so we know he most likely new them also. Of course this is also where Cardinal Thomas Wolsey came from and kicked out many of them to built his college in the area..esp the de Pole family ties to George Plantagent...and his daughter married one. Some politcal intrige going on here, but won't get into it right now. Talk later on...gotta go for now.