Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Start Point Lighthouse, Devon

Hallsands

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Read this and then maybe?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:37 on 2nd March 2014

Look the other way, or maybe not this time?

Yes, it's people like you that I hope to reach. POE is struggling to remain online for want of funding. Please help by making a donation NOW, before it's too late and there is no more POE!

Click on any DONATE button throughout the site and make a donation right now, no matter how small, it all helps and believe me it's urgently required

POE has many thousands of members, but so far just 7 people in less than a week have donated totalling £160.00 and personally I think that's disgraceful. Just £1.00 each from every member would resolve the issue of funding!

So are we really that short of money that we can't help out, or would we rather spend our money on spirits, beer, takeaways, nights out in the pub/restaurant, planning holidays (I don't remember the last meal out, or holiday for that matter!)

Okay, that's my thoughts on the matter, but I really would appreciate your help to save POE.

Thank you in anticipation!......Do it now, hit the Donate button please!

Edited by: Ron Brind at:3rd March 2014 12:31
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 16:37 on 2nd March 2014
This reminds me of a General Election where people have the attitude, I'm not voting cos my single vote won't have any effect. The principle is the same. The country is in the s**t because of that attitude, please don't let it happen here and allow POE to slide into obscurity for the sake of a relatively small donation. It doesn't have to be £20, just what ever you can afford . . . . .
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:52 on 2nd March 2014
Good idea John,and certainly not being silly, but I think a mass mailing of this magnitude needs to be sent from Chris and Sarah explaining the situation properly. But no harm in us jogging a few consciences although I have to say that doing it through the forums is not ideal as we have no idea of how many people loo in.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:04 on 2nd March 2014
Yes John, I fear it is just a very small handful. The numbers of 'views' gets distorted by the number of times we all look in to see what new posts there have been to any given thread. So over a couple of days a thread with 300 hits may only be down to 15 or 20 people and is not a good guide to the number of people viewing the thread.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:16 on 3rd March 2014

Put your snail mail address on-line here..post it please. We just did our taxes, if there's some I can contribute for my badly texted messages, will do.

Something I have always said..leave the " talk stuff"  in web sites low cost...I didn't get my way back then.. and you all have an problem these days..and they think that facebook and twitter...esp the last may go out in the near coming days. Any business..people in general these days..including the teachers I think are going to have to find ways to support themselves somehow, or cut costs... because of our bankers and money " hogs" of the past. 

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 00:32 on 3rd March 2014
Just tried to donate but have been declined despite logging in, supplying my card details and password. Can but try. 
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 00:34 on 3rd March 2014
I will try again tomorrow. 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:55 on 3rd March 2014

Hi Rod.

Can you let us know at what stage you get stopped please, what happens, what does it say?

There is nothing that we know of hindering donations so please do let us know what happens and it will be dealt with quickly

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 08:49 on 3rd March 2014
On 3rd March 2014 00:32, Rod Burkey wrote:
Just tried to donate but have been declined despite logging in, supplying my card details and password. Can but try. 

Maybe it's cash only for Scousers, Rod, I've just donated via PayPal with no problems (no offence intended).
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 09:13 on 3rd March 2014

This could well be the problem Edward. I would go out and snaffle a few wheel trims in my search for ready cash, but most cars up here now have alloy wheels. I might just have to pop down to your neck of the woods, in disguise of course, as I realize that shell suits have faded away there. Oh yes, I’ll have to shave my head as the perm might be something of a give-away.