Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Village sign

Binham

in the county of Norfolk

Loweswater, in the west of Cumbria

Loweswater

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "51"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:07 on 18th February 2014

Hi James, the injection doesn't seem to be lasting too long then ? It's not that long since you had it.

We've been out to get the car back, no bill yet though. 20 of the 60 electric/computer wires running through the passenger footwell have had to be replaced due to corrosion from water damage. This is definatly a VW design fault, surprising how many people this has happened to. At least the dashboard isn't lit up like a Christmas tree anymore, and the computer isn't beeping at us twenty times a day either. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:11 on 18th February 2014
Not really Ruth i mentioned to the chap as he did it --just wait and see what happens next eh??Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:21 on 18th February 2014

What is it here with knees Surprised

I think VW might have fixed the problem now John, ours is an 05 model, the problems we've heard about have been on older cars. It clocked up 135000 miles before it started playing up, so if we can double that before it goes wonky again I'll be happy Smile

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:29 on 18th February 2014
Good Evening folks   nice to see you are mobile again Ruth--thats a fair mileage --we are on the opposite scale to you.we have an 03 Mercedes which we bought 6 months old and has only 64000 on the clock genuine mileage and still same exhaust and battery and still like new inside and out --i clean outside the boss insideSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:38 on 18th February 2014
We've had it 5 and half years James, it only had 45000 on when we got it. It runs great, very economical, it's a 2lt TDI Auto Estate, and I can get around 700 miles on a tank of diesel on a run, less round here because of the hills. David gets a lot less, but we have totally different driving styles.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:41 on 18th February 2014
We manage 46 mpg on a long run so we cant coplain at that.-always had Vauxhalls before.Smile