Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

View of Portreath harbour, Cornwall

Portreath

a Seaside Town in the county of Cornwall

Stain Glass Window.

Barrow in Furness

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

UKIP are gaining ground, fast!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
Posted at 07:11 on 27th March 2013

Phil Jobson mentioned the refugees (or the 'boat people") who seek asylum in Australia. I watched Today Tonight on TV this week. A reporter went to Sri Lanka and asked the Tamil Tigers why they want to pay people smugglers to take them to Australia by boat. One man said the people smugglers told them the Australian government has jobs waiting for new arrivals. Another man said  asylum seekers can get $3,500 and a mobile phone. Greedy people smugglers tell lies.

Another man said the people smugglers coach people on what to say to fool the government when they arrive in Australia. " Tell them you were persecuted in Sri Lanka." The reporter interviewed a Sri Lankan government official and he said there is no persecution any more. Is that true?

Many people sold everything they owned to pay people smugglers and then the Sri Lankan government turned the boats back to Sri Lanka and now the refugees have lost everything. One man said he will go to Australia by plane.

Australia has an obligation to show compassion to refugees but many are not genuine asylum seekers or refugees. Australia resettles the third largest number of refugees of any country and more refugees, per capita, than any other nation in the world. We've been very generous just like the United Kingdom.

Australian newspaper reporters recently have written articles about traffic congestion in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Do we need more people living in our capital cities now? Australia is short of hospital beds, rental housing and school places. Teachers and young men are having trouble finding jobs.500 women applied for one medical receptionist job.

Edited by: Ken Marshall at:27th March 2013 13:49
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:33 on 27th March 2013

D 'lastic' band is going to resign it seems, so an Election soon in South Shields -Yipppeeee!!

South Shields is a Labour stronghold so I wonder how UKIP will fair in this one? We shall see...

C'mon UKIP!

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 16:29 on 27th March 2013
This may be a silly question,  but are the Independant Party, the same as the UKIP,  because a close relative of mine stands for the I Party in a nearby town.?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:14 on 27th March 2013

No Peggy not the same as UKIP.

There are many local people who decide to stand in various locations, but most I suggest are wasting their money and unlikely to get their deposit of £500 refunded!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:10 on 27th March 2013

Cameron has said he will introduce restrictions re the immigrants. I asked when and less than 48 hours later Europe told him he can't do that and that they have to be dealt with as rthey arrive.

Another very good reason to GET OUT OF EUROPE!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:12 on 27th March 2013

Neither can we kick out Abu Quatada out of OUR Country because EUROPE says so!

Time to GET OUT OF EUROPE!

George Woodward
George Woodward
Posted at 20:24 on 27th March 2013
Ron if this was some overseas countries Abu Quatada would have been dissapeared long ago and the rest of 'em,and quite frankly I am thinking along those lines myself.It is long overdue that the people who have kept this country going all their lives were thought of,and rubbish like Quatada were dumped where all the rubbish belongs.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:28 on 27th March 2013

Yeah, George.

I said the same tonight, if it were happening in Russia for example how long would he last?

Even if it were a Russian living here, if they wanted him out of it he would be gone! Were too b....y soft, too may do-gooders!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 20:00 on 7th April 2013

Calling UKIP's Nigel Farage MP.

A lot of us want an end put to the Overseas Aid programme. Can you sort this out too please?

Edited by: Ron Brind at:7th April 2013 20:01
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:29 on 12th April 2013

Elections are upon us soon!

Don't forget if you want your children and grandchildren to have any sort of life and/or opportunity in our beautiful land then you need to consider UKIP.