Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A view of the old Gate House at the old deer park between Revesby and Horncastle, Lincolnshire

Revesby

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Release Burmese Democratic Leader Aung San Suu Kyi!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 14:08 on 21st May 2009

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday criticized Myanmar's military-led government for continuing to detain Suu Kyi, calling it "outrageous.".

Suu Kyi, who is being held at Insein Prison along with scores of other political prisoners, had been scheduled to be freed May 27 after six consecutive years under house arrest. The charges against her are widely seen as a pretext to keep her in detention during polls scheduled for next year.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 14:11 on 21st May 2009

http://theshinyheadedprophet.blogspot.com/2009/05/aung-sang-suu-kyi-is-unwell.html

Monday, 11 May 2009

Aung Sang Suu Kyi is unwell

Dear friends,

In the last few days you may have read reports that Burma’s democracy leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, is unwell and is being denied proper medical attention by the Burmese regime.

We are deeply concerned about her health and have urgently called on the United Nations and ASEAN to send envoys immediately, and insist on Aung San Suu Kyi being given proper medical treatment

HER DOCTOR HAS BEEN ARRESTED, MEDICAL ATTENTION DENIED
Aung San Suu Kyi is reported to be suffering from dehydration and low blood pressure, and having difficulty eating. Her doctor was arrested on Thursday without explanation. Another doctor was allowed to visit her on Friday, and reportedly put her on an IV drip. He was not allowed to visit her on Saturday. It is not clear what is wrong with Aung San Suu Kyi, or what treatment she is being allowed to receive.

Edited by: Ceridwyn at:21st May 2009 14:15
Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 14:19 on 21st May 2009

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6334905.ece

The United Nations Secretary General promised to go to Burma to demand the release of political prisoners as the authorities resumed their closed trial of Aung San Suu Kyi, the Nobel Prize-winning democracy leader, a day after briefly admitting journalists and foreign diplomats.

“I’m deeply concerned about what has been happening in Myanmar, in terms of democratisation and I’m going to urge again the release of political prisoners, including Aung San Suu Kyi,” Ban Ki Moon said, using the new name for Burma, favoured by the country’s military dictatorship. “I’m going to visit Myanmar as soon as possible.”

A visit by Mr Ban would counter claims by opponents of the military regime that the UN has done too little to put pressure on the country’s leader, Than Shwe, and his junta.

“When I go there in person, I’ll discuss with senior General Than Shwe and other government officials on this matter,” Mr Ban promised. “We are again deeply concerned about the detention. She’s a democracy believer. We have a full support and trust in her. And also, she is an indispensable patron for reconsidering the dialogue in Myanmar.”

Edited by: Ceridwyn at:21st May 2009 14:22
Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 18:33 on 22nd May 2009
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 19:21 on 22nd May 2009
Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx