Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Shire Hall, Bodmin, Cornwall

Bodmin

in the county of Cornwall

Haile Sand Fort, mouth for the River Humber off Humberston, Cleethorpes

Humberston

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New Member IRELAND surname Help!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 18:23 on 24th February 2009

Yes Mike, many of the early people over here stopped in the  area of Ireland  before coming here..to stock up on supplies...if not the London area's also. Often times they put them as "irish" when they were not because of  that also.Your most correct also about William the Conquorer as well, I have several such names in the matter of what your saying. I just finsihed reading an book called Rosslynn written by Tim Wallace-Murphy and Marilyn Hopkins, with the help of Englishman Trevor Ravenscroft..in the Templar Knight's crusades and pilgrimages from Normany through central France and up to Rosslynn Chapel.so it makes sense to me underdstanding why the "jews"would of picked Rhode Island as their coming over area...and the Jewish connection...it appears they were affliated to the Battle of Hastings in an way also. I do think they were involved in thier Arabian Horse trade with our military and later with our Pony express system also, which involves where my dad was born in Nebraska at one time, now an "ghost town" due to the locomotive industry taking over transporation...though the state has presered it's history very well. By then the Native Americans were also getting involved in horse trading...as was Kentucky. Henceforth the "Kentucky Derby" started.  I am being told by an "must be first" family member that my Davis line I have is incorrect, but I much doubt it, as the Garrard's (kin of the Hadley's and affliated with teh attack of Fort Vause in virginia frontier) were neighbors to my Davis, whose ONLY son was the Rev. Samuel Davis,(killed in above area by Indians)  grandson of the founder of Princeton University here in the states..that' s why they were in "Gerrard County, Ky...the grandmother's (ours )line,married the son of this Sam'l Davis  was an was an grandaughter of the original miltary fellow that founded Herrodsburg, Kentucky...this lineage was of an high miltary line here also. For some reason there is an very strong "power control" going on within the family by certain various people that is unbeleivable, to the point I find them re-writing history these days in ways, one was inscupulous enough to post what she thought, making it sound like it came from me and left no way for me to repute any of it...and everyone knows about the debachery also. Truth stands of it's own virtue though just the same. Especially amoung true historians. We understand th eimigration and travelign routes of the families enough to ko wthe turth, an dnow I knwo why when I was family hisotrian out here an got the compalint that my hubby's family woulnd not help my mother's family..as to "why"...they didn't want their family history changed. With DNA testing out there now, it's showing all kinds of records incorrect as to family relationships...some people are saying it's incorrect these days also, and that would be hard for me to understand if it's done correctly.  Though one rather famous talk host recently claimed her family lineages from DNA testing back to Africa, and we all know amoung us.. it's only the men that can take these testings...not women...but she may of gotten her mother's lineage correct .."maybe". So goes.    

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 19:45 on 24th February 2009
thanks Shirley. I also found that a Gerrard was the most senior indian translater for the american government and one of only 4 to scape the battle of little big horn. lol
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 20:50 on 24th February 2009
hi shirley, re the knights templar have you read the Holy grail? food for thought!. IM 'logging off now as its getting late. speak soon, Mike
 Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5