Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Kew Gardens Museum, Greater London

Kew

in the county of Greater London

Heydon, Norfolk

Heydon

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I have recently joined

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Mobscooter
Mobscooter
quotePosted at 15:07 on 16th February 2019

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. 

I have joined this splendid forum and am thrilled that I can now look at all the topics, comment on them, discuss them and introduce myself.

My name is Martyn, the "y" was my Dad's insistance, don't ask me why.

I am 72 years old next month and was born in Yorkshire, the West Riding, Chapeltown actually.
I lived in a village on the outskirts of Sheffield called Stannington and went to secondary school in Bradfield.

I attended Sheffield College of Technology and became a Quantity Surveyor in 1968.

I married a Geordie lass, in 1970. They have short apron strings so we had to up-sticks and we moved to Peterlee in Co Durham, then to Tanfield Lea and ended up in Tanfield Village.
I retired in 2010 and emigrated to Budleigh Salteron in Devon, where we now live and have discovered it's comfortably warmer here.

All my adult life I have been fascinated by photography. I started with a Box-Brownie, then a Pentax SLR, a Fuji or two and moved into DSLRs with a Canon.
My present set up is comprised of a Canon 70D, a Canon 550D and a Pentax D5100, all complete with standard and zoom lenses, tripods, filters, etc.

I enjoy stitching using Photoshop and have recently moved on from automatic stiching do assembling them myself.

My computer system has over 350,00 photos I have taken (at least 1,000 a month) on over 7 terabytes of hard drives.
Not all of them are anywhere near good enough for display butr I keep my sanity by looking critically at them regularly.

In the past 3 years I have been stricken with MS and have now lost the use of my right leg - hence the Mobility Scooter references.

Enough of this twaddle. Hello everybody. Excuse me while I now scoot into the treasures of this site.....

Martyn

Edited by: Mobscooter at:16th February 2019 16:08
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:28 on 22nd February 2019
Welcome to POE Martyn from Anna and Ron. It really is a fantastic site to view Pictures of England from your armchair!
Mobscooter
Mobscooter
quotePosted at 19:59 on 22nd February 2019

Thanks, Ron and Anna.

I much prefer to view England from actually being there to see it "au naturel", which was from the saddle of my many motorbikes or car - but now it's a mobility scooter. Laughing

Now that armchair viewing is essential I may as well enjoy it. However, I find computers very frustrating as they force superfluous, unwanted things upon you! Yell

Congratulations on showing the big C where to go.

Martyn

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 13:17 on 23rd February 2019

Hi Martyn, and a big warm welcome to the site from us. Love your avatar! Been really enjoying your photos, thanks for adding them to the site, which we hope you're enjoying.

Chris & Sarah

Mobscooter
Mobscooter
quotePosted at 17:23 on 14th March 2019

Thaks for the welcome and comments.

I am really enjoying the pictures and enjoy seeing my own work that I've added, so Chris and Sarah are correct.

In return I thank you for the forum and all the work you and everyone put in. It's a hard task to satisfy all but I've yet to see any bad, rude or doubtful remarks. That speaks volumes, in my opinion.

Martyn

Please login to post to this thread...