Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Square

Beeston

in the county of Nottinghamshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I'm a new guy here

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

OldBrit
OldBrit
quotePosted at 17:53 on 7th December 2018
My name is Peter and I've lived in Toronto, Canada from England for 63 years. I'm 89 years old and a Canadian citizen, but cherish my first 27 years in England and my years in the Merchant Navy. I started work as an office boy in Beckton Gasworks, London in 1944, also worked on the bomb damage there, then went into the Merchant Navy at 16 years old. Sailed under 4 different flags, British, South African, Panamanian and Canadian, Deck boy to Bosun, and did my last trip in 1988. After a year's retirement which I couldn't stand, I got myself a shore job and finally retired age 87. I'm a cancer survivor but in good general health now.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Darrell Evans
Darrell Evans
quotePosted at 10:24 on 8th December 2018
Welcome Peter. Sounds like you have have a very intresting life with plenty of good memories. Glad to hear you survived the big C and are in good health now.
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 14:33 on 11th December 2018

Hi Peter, welcome to the site. Really interesting reading about your life, sounds like you've seen and done a lot and we'd love to hear more. Sorry to hear about the cancer but so glad you beat it. Really hope you enjoy your time hear on PoE.

Chris & Sarah

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:31 on 22nd February 2019
I've been away a while with cancer also, but welcome to POE Peter from Anna and Ron. It really is a fantastic site to view Pictures of England from your armchair!
 Please login to post to this thread...