Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Paul from Medway in Kent

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul V. A. JohnsonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul V. A. Johnson
quotePosted at 01:19 on 20th August 2018
Hi, Only just joined and quite dissapointed that I have only just discovered this site, particularly as I am 76 and have been taking photographs since I was 8. I have a large number of photographs on file and I am trying to get as many of them on the site as I can. I was employed as an assayer (analyst of precious metals) for 41 years. I am a Liveryman of a City of London Livery Company and Freeman of the City of London. My serious photography began at work taking photographs of antique silver and more general shots for the House Magazine. As I did quite a lot of lecturing both here and abroad this required taking a lot of slides - does anyone remember them! I did teach photography at Evening classes for about 6 years and taught myself a lot at the same time. .My main interest these days is gardens and country houses. I confess to being a Nikon addict and have recently purchased a D850 - wow what a camera and wow what a price. Never mind it keeps me happy.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 15:17 on 20th August 2018

Hi Paul, a big warm welcome to the site. I've really been enjoying viewing and approving your images, and commenting when I get the time, a huge thanks for adding them. Please don't panic if some of your images are delayed in the approval process, as some of them require me to add a new location to the database, such as the Bluebell Railway photos which I will get round to doing over the next few days as it's not a simple process currently due to some technical issues with the site.

All the best,

Chris & Sarah

Darrell Evans
Darrell Evans
quotePosted at 17:49 on 12th September 2018
Hi Paul from another new member. Like you I wonder how I have never come across this site before, but we have now. Another thing we have in common is that we bother shoot the awsome D850.
Paul V. A. JohnsonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul V. A. Johnson
quotePosted at 20:57 on 12th September 2018
Welcome aboard Darrell.
 Please login to post to this thread...