Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hatfield House in the county of Hertfordshire

Hatfield

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New Slideshows making their way on to the site

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 16:44 on 25th September 2020

We are currently implementing a new slideshow for the homepage. It is replacing the old one as it has more features such as ability to view fullscreen, and it's more modern and therefore works better on more devices. There is one major flaw with it however, it does not like to display portrait images for some reason, so they aren't included in the slideshows just yet, but we'll get a fix for that in due course. More images will be added to the homepage slideshow in the coming days.

We have also put a slideshow on members gallery pages. It currently displays up to 100 images, again no portraits though. It gets images based on rating first, so should be displaying your highest rated images first. 

We will also implement these slideshows for every town and attraction, so you can view the images that way. The old slideshow is still available on parts of the site, such as the member created tours, but that will get replaced with this new one, as that one doesn't work on mobile devices at all, and over half of our traffic is now viewing on mobile.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems with the new slideshows. We hope you like them. Many thanks. 

Chris and Sarah

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 11:44 on 19th October 2020
I have just seen my pictures appearing in my slide show. It is an excellent way of showcasing the member's contributions. A very good development, thank you Chris and Sarah. 
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 13:38 on 19th October 2020
Thanks Edward, we're glad you like them.
 Please login to post to this thread...